The Student Room Group

Social Work Schools in London?

Hello! I'm from America and have never been to London, but I'm planning to study there beginning fall 2016. I'll be applying for schools beginning in a couple months and have been conducting quite a bit of research.
I'm attending a technical school and will graduate with an Associate's degree next May. I am involved in quite a number of student organizations and extracurricular activities in which I hold officer positions. Also, I currently have and expect to graduate with a 4.0 (in the U.S= straight A's).

So, enough backstory already!
My question is: Can you recommend any uni's in London proper which offer Social Work as a course of study? From what you've heard, is Goldsmith's worth it? How about London South Bank?
School in The States is so terribly expensive, and I've noticed some options in London that, including international rates and adjusted for exchange, would be significantly more affordable for me than if I were to attend in my home country (bull****, right?). I have all too many friends whose degrees put them in debt $80,000 or more. If I can avoid that, it would be amazing! I'm open to all suggestions though, and I'm hoping to fund much of my education with scholarships.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Quick Reply

Latest