ashxx91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what undergraduate degrees people had done to be accepted onto the 2 year postgraduate nursing diploma at any University? Some seem more strict on the degree subjects they will accept than others...

Thanks!
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ashxx91)
Hi everyone,

I am wondering what undergraduate degrees people had done to be accepted onto the 2 year postgraduate nursing diploma at any University? Some seem more strict on the degree subjects they will accept than others...

Thanks!
Have you done an undergraduate degree yet? If not, why are you not applying for nursing now instead of later?
ashxx91
Rep:
?
Yes I have already done an undergraduate degree, awaiting my final degree classification in July. I was going to apply next year for postgrad Nursing but applied last minute this year before the 30th June which is the final deadline before going into extra
super_sni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did media and journalism but have accepted a place on PGDIP At York!
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ashxx91)
Yes I have already done an undergraduate degree, awaiting my final degree classification in July. I was going to apply next year for postgrad Nursing but applied last minute this year before the 30th June which is the final deadline before going into extra
Good luck with your application
ashxx91
Rep:
?
Ahh that is so good super_sni. I have applied to York too! Waiting to hear back from them all! And thanks Minerva!
Jessmbh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there sorry I have accepted a place to study postgraduate adult nursing at york too starting March 2016 . Have you found accommodation or anything ?
Jessmbh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by super_sni)
Hey I am going to york too next March have you found accommodation yet ??
MayMaylamoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just to be nosey how are you guys gonna be able to afford it? I'm looking at the bursary calc and stuff and it just seems impossible to cope on that little money :/ idk what to do
Eyesascandles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by super_sni)
Massive congratulations on being accepted! I'm in a similar situation but want to apply for next year. I did criminology as an under grad, any advice on what would make my application stronger? I have a job as a carer and do volunteer work at a homeless charity
Best of luck for the start of your course!
Eyesascandles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MayMaylamoo)
just to be nosey how are you guys gonna be able to afford it? I'm looking at the bursary calc and stuff and it just seems impossible to cope on that little money :/ idk what to do
If its something you really REALLY want to do, go for it .... i know someone who had a family inc 4 children and lived off credit cards and part time work, its doable if you're really careful.
I think i may struggle with finances but cutting back and taking up bank work with agencies will increase funds! Good luck with whichever direction you go in
misslesleyo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did Health and social Policy.
I've applied for the PG DIP Adult Nursing at City, Kings, LSBU,Greenwich
redtshirt92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya everyone! I'm planning to apply really soon but I was wondering what kind of reference you used? UCAS says it has to be an academic reference but I didn't really know my lecturers from uni that well! Any help and guidance would be much appreciated, I'm awful with applications! Thank you!
Eyesascandles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by redtshirt92)
Hiya everyone! I'm planning to apply really soon but I was wondering what kind of reference you used? UCAS says it has to be an academic reference but I didn't really know my lecturers from uni that well! Any help and guidance would be much appreciated, I'm awful with applications! Thank you!
Hello! I used my uni reference and although I left a few years ago and they didn't know me too well I felt it was best to take an academic role, this may prove me wrong but I thought my old lecturer would know better on how to write a university reference rather than an employer
Good luck!
redtshirt92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, thank you! That is very logical, so I'll do that too. Thank you so much for your help, good luck to you too!
Eyesascandles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, thank you! That is very logical, so I'll do that too. Thank you so much for your help, good luck to you too!
You're very welcome! All the best for it it's a nerve racking time! Where are you applying to btw?
redtshirt92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eyesascandles)
You're very welcome! All the best for it it's a nerve racking time! Where are you applying to btw?
Uhm, most probably Brookes, Leeds, Sheffield, Kings and Bournemouth - but haven't made a completely final decision. What about you? I am so nervous, I'm practically in denial about the whole process, which isn't great when the application needs to be in really soon!
Eyesascandles
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Uhm, most probably Brookes, Leeds, Sheffield, Kings and Bournemouth - but haven't made a completely final decision. What about you? I am so nervous, I'm practically in denial about the whole process, which isn't great when the application needs to be in really soon!
I applied for both Sheffields as I want to stay in sheffield haha. Oh that's a real good range of unis
I know what you mean! It's like so much more pressure this time around. Sent my application off around a week ago and desperate for an update!
CShaks
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eyesascandles)
I applied for both Sheffields as I want to stay in sheffield haha. Oh that's a real good range of unis
I know what you mean! It's like so much more pressure this time around. Sent my application off around a week ago and desperate for an update!
Hey iv applied for sheffield too for march. Im irish. Wud love a place ☺
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University