The Student Room Group

Pill or Implant?

Hi guys,
So I'm going to go on either the pill or get the implant soon as i'm sexually active and want protection and I have heavy periods so want to either make them lighter or completely stop them!

Which one do you recommend getting?

What are your experiences with both of them?
I've not used either, but I think you should consider what would be best for you. If you don't think you'd remember to take the pill every day, consider the implant. If you don't like the thought of something implanted in your skin, consider the pill. Either way, you should research the pros, cons and risks of both.
Reply 2
Original post by HuggleyDuck
I've not used either, but I think you should consider what would be best for you. If you don't think you'd remember to take the pill every day, consider the implant. If you don't like the thought of something implanted in your skin, consider the pill. Either way, you should research the pros, cons and risks of both.

I think I'm going to go for the pill as it makes the periods lighter and you can control them to an extend whereas the implant there frequent and can be random. I'm doing sport in university in September so outdoor adventures and swimming etc so having the implant would mean I'd have to miss out of them if I had heavy bleeding whereas the pill would mean it would just be light :smile:

less risks with the pill, i watched how the implant is put in and taken out and no way am i letting someone do that to me
I have better experience with pill. I know about this one very well. My wife is using this one after giving birth of my first child over 2 years.
Original post by RacerBoy
I have better experience with pill. I know about this one very well. My wife is using this one after giving birth of my first child over 2 years.

Did she have any side affects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harri2648
Did she have any side affects?

I can share my personal experience. My wife is using pill for long time. No issue yet.

Quick Reply

Latest