How it works?

ReputationRep:
    CKTOT
    the who now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    What about it?

How it works?

Well evolution states that things improve porgressivly however the eye is perfect a slight alteration and it is useless..... hence what was b4 the eye a not so good eye ? No because that wouldn't work at all as like i said i slight alteration to the way it works means it does not work at all .................so it did it evolve ..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    Well evolution states that things improve porgressivly however the eye is perfect a slight alteration and it is useless..... hence what was b4 the eye a not so good eye ? No because that wouldn't work at all as like i said i slight alteration to the way it works means it does not work at all .................so it did it evolve ..........
    There are many better examples if that is all your point is.

Like how we jumped from a single to a double circulatory system for instance.

But regardless it seems to me that evolution is much more plausible than what is written in a book that claims the Earth to be 6,000 years old.

You don't believe that do you?

ReputationRep:
    Was that you on the negative rep. button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    is that your arguement?
    look at the eye of a fish it works and its less complex - thats you intermediate state found in another speices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    is that your arguement?
    look at the eye of a fish it works and its less complex - thats you intermediate state found in another speices

if u change a fishes eye in the slightest way it will not work..............just the same as a human

ReputationRep:
    There are many better examples if that is all your point is.

Like how we jumped from a single to a double circulatory system for instance.

But regardless it seems to me that evolution is much more plausible than what is written in a book that claims the Earth to be 6,000 years old.

You don't believe that do you?

no i dont have any religious beliefes.... but i dont think we have the full picture yet and whilst i do admit evolution is the best concept avaliable i dont think its yet totaly correct.... but i do think we are on the right track..... i was just trying to be objectional

ReputationRep:
    Was that you on the negative rep. button?

Me? the what button ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    if u change a fishes eye in the slightest way it will not work..............just the same as a human
    of course the eye of the fish as always functioned as an eye it just isnt able to resolve in such high detail and such is true of our human eye. Before it was not as complex, bit like wearing bad glasses, that doesnt make it totally useless as you forget that our other senses were more developed to account for that fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    no i dont have any religious beliefes.... but i dont think we have the full picture yet and whilst i do admit evolution is the best concept avaliable i dont think its yet totaly correct.... but i do think we are on the right track..... i was just trying to be objectional
    No ones claiming that it is absolutely perfect yet.

In my opinion:
    If you break evolution down, it seems to be common sense:

Those that are best adapted are more likely to survive and pass on their genes. So non-advantageous genes pass out of the system.

Especially now we can see it happening speeded up with bacteria becoming resistant to anti-biotics.

ReputationRep:
    Are Christians Annoying?

Now don't take this the wrong way I don't mean all Christians I mean the minority.

But, near me, Northern England, there is a real epidemic in the number of annoying, young Christians that go prancing around spouting off....

Have you seen any?
    Not really.

But I think the schemes to get young people who live on bad estates involved in Christianity is fantastic. In fact I hope they can work their magic on all criminals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Not really.

But I think the schemes to get young people who live on bad estates involved in Christianity is fantastic. In fact I hope they can work their magic on all criminals.
    i am not sure i agree with that secound bit, altho i can see it is benificial to society i disagree with pushing faiths upon people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i am not sure i agree with that secound bit, altho i can see it is benificial to society i disagree with pushing faiths upon people
    Of course it is morally wrong, but I'd rather good do-gooder Christians around than gangster teenagers walking around.

And they choose to join anyway, they feel something is missing so they find something to believe in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    Me? the what button ?
    Some one repped me for this thread, I presume neg.

But they don't have enough posts/gems to make any difference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Not really.

That is what they are doing near me. Preying (almost a pun there) on those who are in a bad state, winning them over at their lows. - It just seems mean.

ReputationRep:
    That is what they are doing near me. Preying (almost a pun there) on those who are in a bad state, winning them over at their lows. - It just seems mean.

yeah and helping them back on thier feet can only be a god thing any help is better than no help.... if your that botherd you go help them without the preching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    yeah and helping them back on thier feet can only be a god thing any help is better than no help.... if your that botherd you go help them without the preching
    You have a point I suppose. But I see these people coming out devout Christians and I know that it has been easy to persuade them. Half of them don't know what they are going in for.

ReputationRep:
    I know it doesn't seem right, but it is a good thing really otherwise they'd stay in their bad state.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.