Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im having a lot of problems in setting up and solving these equations....can any1 help????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladoooo)
    Im having a lot of problems in setting up and solving these equations....can any1 help????
    Theres a list of differential equations for P1, P2 and P3 at http://www.pixelfairies.co.uk/?conte...ifferentiation if that helps

ReputationRep:
    I dont mean thsoe differential equations...i mean when they give u a passage and u hav 2 set up the differential eqaution...such as newtons law of cooling.
    There was a question like it in june 2003 paper....i couldnt do it

Help anyone???

ReputationRep:
    hum, i couldnt do a), although i looekd on ajimal and didnt have a clue. can someone explain this please?

ive done the rest though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    hum, i couldnt do a), although i looekd on ajimal and didnt have a clue. can someone explain this please?
    Basically , two constants multiplied together are still a constant!

Since the tank is emptying, then the rate (of increase) of fluid flow is negative.

dV/dt = -K√ V, K positive

V = πr²h
    dV/dh = πr²
    dh/dV = 1/πr²

dh/dt = (dh/dV).(dV/dt)
    dh/dt = 1/(πr²).(-K√ V)
    dh/dt = 1/(πr²).(-K√ (πr²)√ h)
    dh/dt = -K√ h/√ (πr²)
    dh/dt = -k√ h, k a positive constant and k = K/√ (πr²)

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.