This discussion is closed.
Captain Josh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

Today I am making this thread, as I plan on founding a new part on TSR. All I want to do is share my ideals with everyone, and find like-minded individuals who would be interested in joining the party.

Fascism gets a very bad name, yet very few people actually fully understand it. It's not about racism, and it's not about prejudice. It's about creating a political system which ensures the survival of the party, and protecting the country from both internal and external threats.

There are many underlying principles of fascism, but I will outline the main ideals. Please note that not all of these are strictly traditional concepts, as this party is my own, more efficient take on the governing style.

Censorship. An intrinsic part of the party. The public don't need to know everything. You may often see videos about the secretive government organisations which hide things from you, and I can personally assure you that most of these are true. But instead of thinking that it's an enormous conspiracy theory meant to target people like yourself, you should realise that some information has to be kept for the public, in order to ensure the safety of the nation. Fascism controls the media channels, ensuring that no sensitive information or anti-government propaganda is spread throughout the country. This is unbelievably effective. It increases the longevity of the party, and minimises the risk of anarchy in the country.

Nationalism is also an important tenet of fascism. In short, nationalism is about national pride, and is closely related to border control. But this does not mean all-out racism. In fact, it opens up many great opportunities. With a fascist border control policy, no immigrants or asylum seekers would be allowed into the country, bar a few beneficial circumstances. Highly educated individuals would still be allowed into the country, thus solidifying the intellectual stock and capabilities of the nation as a whole. This eliminates the threats of both overcrowding and unemployment due to immigration. It also prevents new faith groups from entering the country, which takes away the risk of religious prejudice.

Totalitarianism. This is where many people frown upon fascism. Totalitarianism is essentially the control of the people by the government. As I said earlier, censorship is essential to the survival of the party. It is a very misunderstood system.

Imperialism. I have always believed the Great Britain made a great mistake in losing the Empire, and I strongly believe in imperialism. In case you don't know, imperialism is basically a system where a country builds an empire to extend it's power and control. I don't want to go on about this, so I'll briefly summarise why this tenet is so beneficial. Imagine an empire which became so powerful that it was able to conquer the entire planet. There would be only one governing party. There would be only one belief system. Everyone would follow the same ideals, which are enforced by the empire, which means that there would be no religious prejudice at all. There would either be one religion, or no religion at all (we'll come onto this next). This means no more religious wars (which account for most wars), and no conflict at all in the entire World (of course, this is provided that you don't have rebel splinter groups, although they would be taken care of by the large forces of the empire very rapidly). All in all, if imperialism succeeds, then it results in World peace. I realise that there are a lot of variables in this, but as I said, this is only a brief overview.

Religion. I said at the beginning of this post that the ideals of this party are of my own configuration. This is because fascism is a very broad subject, and has many branches, and so can be interpreted in many different ways. In my system, religion is banned. There would be no religion at all, for numerous reasons. Firstly, having no religion means that religious leaders cannot exert their unlawful control over the people of the state. Personally, I completely disagree with religion, for reasons which I won't go into right now. Having no faith entirely eliminates religious prejudice and conflict. This acts in the interested of both the government and the people. Most significantly, all the time which we currently waste making unfulfilled prayers to nonexistent deities could be put to much better use, completing scientific research. We wouldn't have to worry about the ridiculous ethics which religions put on our scientific communities. We could carry out human cloning, allowing for both priceless research, and for genetically perfect transplant surgery. We could bring back extinct species, and perform other experiments which would otherwise be frowned upon. Ethics are arbitrary, and when you don't have any ethics, anything is possible.

Laissez faire. A principle which I live my life by. It was a phrase first coined in France in the 1800s, and it theorises that whatever happens to you is of your own doing. I believe this to be entirely true. If you're poor, then it's your fault. You haven't worked hard enough, so therefore you don't have a lot of money. If you're rich, then it's down to you. You put in the hard work, so now you have lots of money. You were hit by a car. It's your fault. You should have avoided it. You won the lottery. It's down to you because you bought a lottery ticket. Everything that happens to you is caused by you. It is a key principle of capitalism and fascism. In fascism, we use the tenet of class collaboration, couple with the principle of laissez faire, to create a stable social system. The lower class, middle class, and upper class are all directly responsible for their social status. Therefore, everyone must work to fit their own place in the hierarchy. If you're lower class, then you must fully fulfil your position to ensure that the system remains strong. For without the lower class, there couldn't be a middle class. Everyone must contribute to the hierarchy.

Finally, we come down the economy. I left this until last because fascist social policies may remain pretty constant, but the economic policies are often hugely varied. In this party, we support a capitalistic economy, with a tax system which favours the rich. In the UK, higher-band earners are currently taxed 40%, which is practically extortionate. If you are earning £200000 a year, for example, then you are expected to pay £80000 in taxes. And for what? How could one person possibly need to pay £80000? In reality, you are covering your healthcare (NHS), and contributing to the state's expenses, but this need to be more balanced. With a tax system which rewards higher-band earners for their hard work, everyone actually end up paying roughly the same amount, rather than having such enormous fluctuations form person to person. This capitalistic system ensures that the rich can stay rich, but it also has everyone paying approximately equal taxes, which makes the system much easier on everyone. With a privatised healthcare system, cuts in other areas to make this system possible would not be necessary.

And that's about it. I have outlined the ideology of my new party. Now all I want to know is what people think. Would you be interested in joining us? Please let me know what you think below.
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I also like censorship so I propose that to celebrate this, TSR bans you from the forum.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you went through with it? I have to say, your party would go against every single ounce of blood in my veins.

Posted from TSR Mobile
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Captain Josh)
Hello,

Today I am making this thread, as I plan on founding a new part on TSR. All I want to do is share my ideals with everyone, and find like-minded individuals who would be interested in joining the party.

Fascism gets a very bad name, yet very few people actually fully understand it. It's not about racism, and it's not about prejudice. It's about creating a political system which ensures the survival of the party, and protecting the country from both internal and external threats.

There are many underlying principles of fascism, but I will outline the main ideals. Please note that not all of these are strictly traditional concepts, as this party is my own, more efficient take on the governing style.

Censorship. An intrinsic part of the party. The public don't need to know everything. You may often see videos about the secretive government organisations which hide things from you, and I can personally assure you that most of these are true. But instead of thinking that it's an enormous conspiracy theory meant to target people like yourself, you should realise that some information has to be kept for the public, in order to ensure the safety of the nation. Fascism controls the media channels, ensuring that no sensitive information or anti-government propaganda is spread throughout the country. This is unbelievably effective. It increases the longevity of the party, and minimises the risk of anarchy in the country.

Nationalism is also an important tenet of fascism. In short, nationalism is about national pride, and is closely related to border control. But this does not mean all-out racism. In fact, it opens up many great opportunities. With a fascist border control policy, no immigrants or asylum seekers would be allowed into the country, bar a few beneficial circumstances. Highly educated individuals would still be allowed into the country, thus solidifying the intellectual stock and capabilities of the nation as a whole. This eliminates the threats of both overcrowding and unemployment due to immigration. It also prevents new faith groups from entering the country, which takes away the risk of religious prejudice.

Totalitarianism. This is where many people frown upon fascism. Totalitarianism is essentially the control of the people by the government. As I said earlier, censorship is essential to the survival of the party. It is a very misunderstood system.

Imperialism. I have always believed the Great Britain made a great mistake in losing the Empire, and I strongly believe in imperialism. In case you don't know, imperialism is basically a system where a country builds an empire to extend it's power and control. I don't want to go on about this, so I'll briefly summarise why this tenet is so beneficial. Imagine an empire which became so powerful that it was able to conquer the entire planet. There would be only one governing party. There would be only one belief system. Everyone would follow the same ideals, which are enforced by the empire, which means that there would be no religious prejudice at all. There would either be one religion, or no religion at all (we'll come onto this next). This means no more religious wars (which account for most wars), and no conflict at all in the entire World (of course, this is provided that you don't have rebel splinter groups, although they would be taken care of by the large forces of the empire very rapidly). All in all, if imperialism succeeds, then it results in World peace. I realise that there are a lot of variables in this, but as I said, this is only a brief overview.

Religion. I said at the beginning of this post that the ideals of this party are of my own configuration. This is because fascism is a very broad subject, and has many branches, and so can be interpreted in many different ways. In my system, religion is banned. There would be no religion at all, for numerous reasons. Firstly, having no religion means that religious leaders cannot exert their unlawful control over the people of the state. Personally, I completely disagree with religion, for reasons which I won't go into right now. Having no faith entirely eliminates religious prejudice and conflict. This acts in the interested of both the government and the people. Most significantly, all the time which we currently waste making unfulfilled prayers to nonexistent deities could be put to much better use, completing scientific research. We wouldn't have to worry about the ridiculous ethics which religions put on our scientific communities. We could carry out human cloning, allowing for both priceless research, and for genetically perfect transplant surgery. We could bring back extinct species, and perform other experiments which would otherwise be frowned upon. Ethics are arbitrary, and when you don't have any ethics, anything is possible.

Laissez faire. A principle which I live my life by. It was a phrase first coined in France in the 1800s, and it theorises that whatever happens to you is of your own doing. I believe this to be entirely true. If you're poor, then it's your fault. You haven't worked hard enough, so therefore you don't have a lot of money. If you're rich, then it's down to you. You put in the hard work, so now you have lots of money. You were hit by a car. It's your fault. You should have avoided it. You won the lottery. It's down to you because you bought a lottery ticket. Everything that happens to you is caused by you. It is a key principle of capitalism and fascism. In fascism, we use the tenet of class collaboration, couple with the principle of laissez faire, to create a stable social system. The lower class, middle class, and upper class are all directly responsible for their social status. Therefore, everyone must work to fit their own place in the hierarchy. If you're lower class, then you must fully fulfil your position to ensure that the system remains strong. For without the lower class, there couldn't be a middle class. Everyone must contribute to the hierarchy.

Finally, we come down the economy. I left this until last because fascist social policies may remain pretty constant, but the economic policies are often hugely varied. In this party, we support a capitalistic economy, with a tax system which favours the rich. In the UK, higher-band earners are currently taxed 40%, which is practically extortionate. If you are earning £200000 a year, for example, then you are expected to pay £80000 in taxes. And for what? How could one person possibly need to pay £80000? In reality, you are covering your healthcare (NHS), and contributing to the state's expenses, but this need to be more balanced. With a tax system which rewards higher-band earners for their hard work, everyone actually end up paying roughly the same amount, rather than having such enormous fluctuations form person to person. This capitalistic system ensures that the rich can stay rich, but it also has everyone paying approximately equal taxes, which makes the system much easier on everyone. With a privatised healthcare system, cuts in other areas to make this system possible would not be necessary.

And that's about it. I have outlined the ideology of my new party. Now all I want to know is what people think. Would you be interested in joining us? Please let me know what you think below.
The past has condemned fascism to the history books, much like it has communism. Such an undemocratic system can never be sustainable.
I also feel that the principle of laissez faire, or as you describe it some sort of economic libertarianism, is impossible to achieve with a totalitarian government.
Dissent may not be religious, but it would exist in some form or another nonetheless.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Imperialism is filthy, anyone that condones taking over other countries for such selfish reasons could get beheaded for all I care.
Captain Josh
Rep:
?
(Original post by plasmaman)
The past has condemned fascism to the history books, much like it has communism. Such an undemocratic system can never be sustainable.
I also feel that the principle of laissez faire, or as you describe it some sort of economic libertarianism, is impossible to achieve with a totalitarian government.
Dissent may not be religious, but it would exist in some form or another nonetheless.
Yes, I can agree that other forms of dissident would arise (it always would), but I believe that it would be significantly reduced with the removal of religion.

However, I have to disagree with the rest. We have many misconceptions when it comes to democracy. One of my favourite quotes is "the only difference between a dictatorship and a democracy is that in a dictatorship you don't have to waste time voting". Whether we believe it or not, we don't really have any control over what our government does. It's a democracy in that we choose which party will be the next dictators. They have the power, and they call the shots. Fascism was actually doing very well, internally speaking, in WWII, and it only ended because we destroyed it.
Captain Josh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Protégé)
Imperialism is filthy, anyone that condones taking over other countries for such selfish reasons could get beheaded for all I care.
In which case you condemn practically all significant World leaders. Why do you think the US went to war in the Middle East (I'll get some backlash for this but I'll say it anyway, they staged 9/11 to have an excuse to do so)? To conquer their lands and seize their natural resources, namely oil. Conquering occurs all of the time in modern politics, the difference between your standard, sneaky and underhand invasion and true imperialism, is that an empire bring peace. An invasion brings only more war.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rakas21 you might want to join looking at this
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Censorship - Opposed

Nationalism - Large populations increase GDP which increases tax revenue which increases military size and diplomatic influence hence i support high immigration albeit it should come from from a much narrower range of states to maintain loosely the cultural and ethnic makeup of the country.

Totalitarianism - Opposed.

Imperialism - It was indeed a great crime to give up the empire (second only to tearing the British Isles apart with Irish independence) however the UK alone does not have the might to conquer the world again, at least alone.

Religion - Somewhat sympathetic.

Laizee Fair - Too Darwinist for me.

Economy - Opposed to a private healthcare system being the default, no great objection to a pretty flat tax

On the whole, i'll be sticking with the Tories.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It would certainly make things interesting.
Pwyll
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In which case you condemn practically all significant World leaders. Why do you think the US went to war in the Middle East (I'll get some backlash for this but I'll say it anyway, they staged 9/11 to have an excuse to do so)? To conquer their lands and seize their natural resources, namely oil. Conquering occurs all of the time in modern politics, the difference between your standard, sneaky and underhand invasion and true imperialism, is that an empire bring peace. An invasion brings only more war.
Since you mentioned 9/11, I assume you meant to say the US wanted an excuse to invade that rich and prosperous nation called Afghanistan?
Republic1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fascinating. Can't say there is a lot we agree on.

I'm currently on the final chapter of Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg which is an interesting read for sure.
Captain Josh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pwyll)
Since you mentioned 9/11, I assume you meant to say the US wanted an excuse to invade that rich and prosperous nation called Afghanistan?
You may laugh, of course Afghanistan is not a developed country, but they have astounding volumes of oil on their land. Enough to make war more than economically viable.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This would be very interesting.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I will stick with my Liberal party, thanks.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
It would certainly make things interesting.
There are definitely spaces for a fascist and national socialist party. Whether either can get the numbers though is another question.
IvoryToast
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I believe anyone can get anywhere by working hard, i believe strongly in freedom and survival of the strongest, lazy ***** deserve to be poor. I'm not racist as if foreigners work hard they deserve to do well too. **** religion anyone with any logic can see it's all just wrong and causes unnecessary problems Do i fit or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SotonianOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You may laugh, of course Afghanistan is not a developed country, but they have astounding volumes of oil on their land. Enough to make war more than economically viable.
Are you trolling or un-knowledgeable about the subject?

Afghanistan has about as much oil reserves as Greece.
Hardly any. If you took all the oil out it wouldn't even run the country for two days.
Artur96
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The leftist block wouldn't allow this, oh no!
They'd call you a racist, bigot etc etc until you quit the Internet.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Artur96)
The leftist block wouldn't allow this, oh no!
They'd call you a racist, bigot etc etc until you quit the Internet.
Actually I'd quite like to see this happen. And for the progressive conservatives, the BNP and lots of currently dead parties to be revived
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads