Why is domestic violence different for men and women?

Watch this thread
diamondluck
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Why is it so bad when a man hits and woman? Why is it seen as "weak" when a man is hit by a woman? Shouldn't we treat both genders equally since we all are responsible for our own actions?

I think men are strong but so are women. I'm not that strong as a girl but if i did punch a guy, I would expect the same consequences as a man punching me. This doesn't happen. Courts are leaniest -- jury have more sympathy for women that are victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Because men and women are different?
A5ko
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I had a pal who was attacked by an ex with car keys. She cut a gash in the top of his head and he pushed her off. On her way down she hit her arm on a cupboard and got a small bruise.

He was later arrested and put in a cell for the night to be given a criminal record for assault.

She got a warning and nothing else.
TheTipsyTarsier
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
I had a pal who was attacked by an ex with car keys. She cut a gash in the top of his head and he pushed her off. On her way down she hit her arm on a cupboard and got a small bruise.

He was later arrested and put in a cell for the night to be given a criminal record for assault.

This is making me rage right now So frustrating!!
zippity.doodah
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)

our legal system, ladies and gentlemen. and people call it "patriarchal"?
diamondluck
Rep:
(Original post by A5ko)

THIS is what I'm talking about. Unfair justice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
diamondluck
Rep:
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
our legal system, ladies and gentlemen. and people call it "patriarchal"?
Lol it clearly isn't patriarchal in this day and age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chicken.M.
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
This is why you have to be careful lol. Need to avoid the majority of women. You can get ****ed over easily.
$100Bill
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
This applies to a lot of other cases as well.

A man once spent at least 11 years in jail, due to being falsely accused of rape. The best part was that they caught the real suspect as well, but the woman dismissed him. F***'s sake.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by diamondluck)
Lol it clearly isn't patriarchal in this day and age.

Posted from TSR Mobile
regarding the criminal law, women hardly ever go to jail for the crimes that men go to jail for, and they have protection against genital mutilation when boys don't. and regarding family/civil law, women are always favoured in divorce and child custody law. you never hear feminists raise these issues, which is horrific because these are the worst demonstrations of inequality in the western world!
diamondluck
Rep:
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
regarding the criminal law, women hardly ever go to jail for the crimes that men go to jail for, and they have protection against genital mutilation when boys don't. and regarding family/civil law, women are always favoured in divorce and child custody law. you never hear feminists raise these issues, which is horrific because these are the worst demonstrations of inequality in the western world!
true, i mean as a woman i want equality. However men aren't being treated equally anymore like you said. I also found out that women when stopped by police are more able to get away with crimes than men which makes it look like men are more criminal simply because they can't bypass the police/courts as easily. (sociology facts coming in ) This possibly is why the courts are so leaniest on women when in actual facts -- it's all the opposite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)

:/ What happened to his life? Why didn't he appeal and fight it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (228)
42.38%
The paper was reasonable (229)
42.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
8.92%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
6.13%

Watched Threads