How to move forward with your career if you dont have an internship/graduate job Watch

tmckinnin56
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So basically during my time at uni I applied for every single internship and work experience program out there and in every single field of work however I got rejection emails and some even told me to f*** off in some instances and every single internship don't want me which annoyed me as meant I had no internship and unable to get a graduate job
throughout my time at uni I was promised a internship but never got any I mean internship are not real job and just work exeirance so why didn't they take me on not even one interview at all

I don't understand as I had previous experience but I never once got an internship through out my 4yrs at uni as I applied every yr and every time without fail I get rejection or told to get lost at every turn
all they had to do is take me on and give me a chance I mean how do they know I cant cope all they can do is take me on for 1 week and see for themselves and if I cant perform to their standard then reject me rather than reject as soon I as I apply
plus I need the work experience why reject me

so as a result of having no internship I wasn't unable to be promised a graduate job at the end or promised or guarantee a job at the end of my internship hence I graduated with a 3rd with no experience as their fault for rejection me now forced to apply through indeed like everyone else

I blame all the graduate firms and companies I attended all the graduated fair and not one wanting to me on as its just work experience why cant they give me a chance
so as a result of me having no internship/grad job I am unable to gain the experience needed and gain valuable work experience for future job
its the fault of the companies don't want to give me a chance

so now am forced to do agency work etc so how do u move on in life if I never got a chance to do any internship at all
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Get a normal job in any other company.

Do well.

Get promoted.

It's not rocket science*

(Unless you do engineering and it is, actually, ticket science)
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Get a normal job in any other company.

Do well.

Get promoted.

It's not rocket science*

(Unless you do engineering and it is, actually, ticket science)
but how do I do that even simple jobs like admin job were all u do is type up letter, update spreadsheets and update databsse in a corner in an office in the city somewhere is hard to get as all my inbox is full of rejection emails

I need the experience again its the fault of the companies who don't want to give me chance and train and teach me the necessary system to help me improve for future jobs
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tmckinnin56)
its the fault of the companies who blah blah excuses
Bulls***.

It's nobody's fault but your own for not making yourself look appealing to employ. Nobody owes you a job, you have to make it appear like the company owes it to itself to employ you.

How you do that is up to you.
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Bulls***.

It's nobody's fault but your own for not making yourself look appealing to employ. Nobody owes you a job, you have to make it appear like the company owes it to itself to employ you.

How you do that is up to you.
but I did that and yes they do owe me a job as as a student I need the experience all the grad fair and insight days and employer visit to uni all promised me an intern if I applied online and I even gave them my cv and still get rejected and their fault for rejected me now I have no experience and don't how to do the things companies does and cant attend company meetings or attend company events sucks
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This isn't the first rant you've had on TSR blaming companies for not taking you on. As I said in one of my posts in a different thread, if you come across like you do on here it's no wonder you haven't got a job yet.

Stop complaining, stop whinging, get your CV and covering letters checked and get applying. If you don't like what's on offer then start your own business. Be proactive.

Oh, and learn to use full stops.
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
This isn't the first rant you've had on TSR blaming companies for not taking you on. As I said in one of my posts in a different thread, if you come across like you do on here it's no wonder you haven't got a job yet.

Stop complaining, stop whinging, get your CV and covering letters checked and get applying. If you don't like what's on offer then start your own business. Be proactive.

Oh, and learn to use full stops.
I have been applying for nearly 2yrs and even registered with job agencies so I have people working on my case however I apply everyday but its the companies fault for not hiring me and don't want to take me on and as a result I am unable to pick up the necessary skills to further improve and use in future jobs

plus I don't have a job for life like its suppose to be have internship then a graduate job then progress with my career but I don't have a career and unable to attend meetings or further my career skills etc

am 25 nearly 26 and no one hires me plus everyone I know all have jobs/career and I don't not fair as no one wants to take me on as all arrogant buggers their fault as I am unable to pick up the skills needed for future employment hence I need the experience and if they don't give it to me how am I able to progress my career
hihihihihi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you say you got a 3rd? from which subject and University?
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been applying for nearly 2yrs and even registered with job agencies so I have people working on my case however I apply everyday but its the companies fault for not hiring me and don't want to take me on and as a result I am unable to pick up the necessary skills to further improve and use in future jobs

plus I don't have a job for life like its suppose to be have internship then a graduate job then progress with my career but I don't have a career and unable to attend meetings or further my career skills etc

am 25 nearly 26 and no one hires me plus everyone I know all have jobs/career and I don't not fair as no one wants to take me on as all arrogant buggers their fault as I am unable to pick up the skills needed for future employment hence I need the experience and if they don't give it to me how am I able to progress my career
I'm finding it hard to want to help you as you're not doing anything to help yourself.

Job agencies aren't 'working on your case' - they'll only call you if they have something they think you might be able to do.

What are the 'necessary skills' you claim you're not getting without a job?

What was your degree in? Have you contacted your university careers service? What did they say?

What's stopping you getting a job - any job - and working your way up within that company? Plenty of people do it. They don't all go online and blame everyone else for their own failings.

Get a grip. Stop wasting time on TSR when you should be out knocking on doors, talking to people and getting your foot on that first rung of the ladder.
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?
(Original post by hihihihihi)
Did you say you got a 3rd? from which subject and University?
BA Management technology and enterprise from Glasgow caledonian
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?
I'm finding it hard to want to help you as you're not doing anything to help yourself.

Job agencies aren't 'working on your case' - they'll only call you if they have something they think you might be able to do.

What was your degree in? Have you contacted your university careers service? What did they say?

What's stopping you getting a job - any job - and working your way up within that company? Plenty of people do it. They don't all go online and blame everyone else for their own failings.

Get a grip. Stop wasting time on TSR when you should be out knocking on doors, talking to people and getting your foot on that first rung of the ladder.
am doing all that and am emailing people and phoning them up but they all don't want to hire me
also the necessary skills like advance excel skills or team leader skill or general management skills or general skills needed for employment

no wants me end of.
username1530463
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BA Management technology and enterprise from Glasgow caledonian
Maybe you should do an apprenticeship/traineeship?
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's your third class degree. Essentially there are peoplenough with higher degrees out there . Most people want 2:1 minimum.
P1234R
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At the moment all you're doing is moaning that the world's out against you. If you want to put up a copy of your CV and a sample cover letter I might be able to offer some advice but at the moment you really won't get any constructive comments.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes they do owe me a job
Grow up.
tmckinnin56
Rep:
?

job agencies are working on my case as they are doing everything in their power to get me a job and they do call me and they do say "we are working on your case very much"

the necessary skills are like learning IT systems attend meeting or being a team player or advancing in IT like more advanced excel skill or learning to work under pressure or cope with large amounts of work or working with fellow staff

my degree is in BA management technology and enterprise and yes I have but all they do Is alter my CV and go away and apply online and that's all

no one wants to give me a chance and am unable to progress with my career
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
job agencies are working on my case as they are doing everything in their power to get me a job and they do call me and they do say "we are working on your case very much"

the necessary skills are like learning IT systems attend meeting or being a team player or advancing in IT like more advanced excel skill or learning to work under pressure or cope with large amounts of work or working with fellow staff

my degree is in BA management technology and enterprise and yes I have but all they do Is alter my CV and go away and apply online and that's all

no one wants to give me a chance and am unable to progress with my career
With a third class degree you are going to have to start at the bottom or move abroad. Agencies areal useless all thry do is submit a loaday of cvs across that's it . When they are working on your case what they really mean is they are working on a role which they think you may be suitable for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads