Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

It seems like there's some confusion over bans on TSR -

We're no longer able to give out temporary bans by request as it takes up time when we need to be focused on dealing with other requests.

If you want to remove yourself from TSR temporarily you can do it in other ways - there are browser add-ons/applications (like StayFocusd or other productivity apps) which can do this for you.

If you would like to have your account permanently deactivated then please email [email protected] with the username, email address and d.o.b (for security purposes to make sure you're the owner of the account) and someone will be able to help you.

Any questions let us know,

Puddles

gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ppl who ban themselves are moist
cupcakes87
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
:rofl: oh tsr
garfeeled
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what about people already temporarily banned are they just not going to get unbanned.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How much time did every ban request take to deal with on average?
AFlyOntWall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My account, WarIntNorth, has been banned, which means I can't clear out my profile on it before I leave (as is your wish). Thus I have created this account to ask that an admin or moderator could clear my profile for me, then I will be on my way.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Hi everyone,

It seems like there's some confusion over bans on TSR -

We're no longer able to give out temporary bans by request as it takes up time when we need to be focused on dealing with other requests.

If you want to remove yourself from TSR temporarily you can do it in other ways - there are browser add-ons/applications (like StayFocusd or other productivity apps) which can do this for you.

If you would like to have your account permanently deactivated then please email [email protected] with the username, email address and d.o.b (for security purposes to make sure you're the owner of the account) and someone will be able to help you.

Any questions let us know,

Puddles

Would you say that bringing moderation 'in-house' was a factor in you not having time to carry out these requests?
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Puddles the Monkey - the description for the AtCT sub-forum still includes about ban requests... should this now be removed seeing as you've said that temp bans aren't happening, and for perma bans, they need to email...?
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by garfeeled)
what about people already temporarily banned are they just not going to get unbanned.
Temp bans have a set date, and expire automatically - so anyone already temporarily banned will just have their ban expire as normal
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Basically they've had enough of Smash and his multiple midlife crisis posts.
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by AFlyOntWall)
My account, WarIntNorth, has been banned, which means I can't clear out my profile on it before I leave (as is your wish). Thus I have created this account to ask that an admin or moderator could clear my profile for me, then I will be on my way.
Heya, if you email [email protected] we'll be able to get this sorted for you
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Puddles the Monkey - the description for the AtCT sub-forum still includes about ban requests... should this now be removed seeing as you've said that temp bans aren't happening, and for perma bans, they need to email...?
As my message got ignored, I'll tag, mention, and quote you - just in case

Puddles the Monkey

x
Puddles the Monkey
Rep:
?
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Sorry, I missed this. We might need to update the wording. People can still come speak to us in AtCT about getting a perm a ban if they've got questions or haven't read this. They will still need to email to actually get the ban done.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
How much time did every ban request take to deal with on average?
Depending on the level of skill of the person executing the request, about 5 minutes.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
"Ban request" is an anagram of "Bent Square" and "Banqueters" and many many more phrases.
NathanAllen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heya, if you email [email protected] we'll be able to get this sorted for you
Why does TSR give into people ignorant reports. Because i am helping the community by supporting the LGBT community and people or reporting me because they don't like what i say. Sure i might get carried away with a comment and yeah report that but i get reported for little stupid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
XaberrantX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
please ban me
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by XaberrantX)
please ban me
As said in the thread:

"If you would like to have your account permanently deactivated then please email [email protected] with the username, email address and d.o.b (for security purposes to make sure you're the owner of the account) and someone will be able to help you. "

Bubbles
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why would someone ask for their account to be deactivated? Why don't you just log out? I dont get it
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Why would someone ask for their account to be deactivated? Why don't you just log out? I dont get it
A permanent ban will remove the user from the members list - so they aren't searchable. It doesn't remove their posts/threads (although this can be requested in certain circumstances), but it's just something to make them feel more comfortable when they do decide to leave. It might be also used if a user wants to leave but finds they keep logging back in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.69%
Take autumn exams (192)
30%
Look for a job (21)
3.28%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.91%
Take a year out (110)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise