Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Definitive TSR University Table watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    To be fair I've never really seen Bicnee go on a rant about the impotence of those who attend any other university than KCL or LSE. Isn't it wierd how different people on the forum have a dislike for certain places (see below)...

Bicnee - Manchester
    Me - Durham, Warwick
    Gnostic - Everywhere but KCL
    Lol, I'm feeling compelled to stand up for gnostic here! He can be very nice! I don't have a dislike of any university I think (yet).

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Lol, I'm feeling compelled to stand up for gnostic here! He can be very nice! I don't have a dislike of any university I think (yet).
    I'm sure one of us will corrupt you and you'll end up hating somewhere before too long!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure one of us will corrupt you and you'll end up hating somewhere before too long!!!
    Are there actually any legitimate reasons for you lot disliking these institutions?

Are there actually any legitimate reasons for you lot disliking these institutions?
    Well I was robbed of 2 days of my life at York and so will never get them back (god that weekend was dull). Durham just annoyed me because they were not nice people when I went to visit after I got my offer (I was stupid enough to apply). Dislike of Warwick is brought about by (a) it being good for my subject but being in the middle of nowhere, thereby screwing me (need 4 year party ) and (b) the guy who showed me round the department was a **** and (c) we had to pay for sandwiches / munchies on the open day!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    Imperial
    Durham
    York
    Bristol
    Warwick
    Birmingham
    Nottingham
    Southampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    Imperial
    Durham
    York
    Bristol
    Warwick
    Birmingham
    Nottingham
    Southampton
    Hmm, a three letter abbreviation seems to be lacking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Hmm, a three letter abbreviation seems to be lacking...
    What was it you were saying about each being entitled to an opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Well I was robbed of 2 days of my life at York and so will never get them back (god that weekend was dull). Durham just annoyed me because they were not nice people when I went to visit after I got my offer (I was stupid enough to apply). Dislike of Warwick is brought about by (a) it being good for my subject but being in the middle of nowhere, thereby screwing me (need 4 year party ) and (b) the guy who showed me round the department was a **** and (c) we had to pay for sandwiches / munchies on the open day!!!
    Tell me about the sandwich prices in rootes...warwick robbed me of a hell of a loada money. But the people I talked to were cool.

I can't really hate anywhere because I didn't visit half of my unis, just stuck them down.

ReputationRep:
    Well I was robbed of 2 days of my life at York and so will never get them back
    lololol - I like it.

ReputationRep:
    The instiutions I dislike are:
    -Oxford (they rejected me when I am clearly a genius!!! jk)
    -Durham (nice little place, though littles not my scene, but the people there seemed, well, too posh - and here comes the pro-Durhamite onslaught...)
    -UCL (made me wait an absurd amount of time for their reply, so when they gave me an offer, I rejected it straight away...HAH!)
    -LSE (it is NOT as good as Oxbridge)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    What was it you were saying about each being entitled to an opinion?
    I don't believe I said it in reference to more than one person though, and that person certainly wasn't a Durhamite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    *waits for the pro-LSE people to come and argue back*

ReputationRep:
    The instiutions I dislike are:
    -Oxford (they rejected me when I am clearly a genius!!! jk)
    -Durham (nice little place, though littles not my scene, but the people there seemed, well, too posh - and here comes the pro-Durhamite onslaught...)
    -UCL (made me wait an absurd amount of time for their reply, so when they gave me an offer, I rejected it straight away...HAH!)
    Just to get into perspective, I dont dislike all the people at these institutions, these are just negaitve images I've got from past experiences regarding them.

*waits for the pro-LSE people to come and argue back*
    Where is Gnostic when you need him? :confused:

Just to get into perspective, I dont dislike all the people at these institutions, these are just negaitve images I've got from past experiences regarding them.
    No Im comfortable with saying that anyone at Warwick should be shot...bloody snackfood robbery!!! (j/k)

ReputationRep:

Hee hee, I actually quite like gnostic. He was amusing. WAS Hewins should come rushing here... where is he?

ReputationRep:
    Gnostic is no longer with us.

*sob*

ReputationRep:
    Hee hee, I actually quite like gnostic. He was amusing. WAS Hewins should come rushing here... where is he?
    When you got beneath the xenophobia, homophobia and sexism, he wasn't that slappable.

ReputationRep:
    Gnostic is no longer with us.

*sob*
    Somebody desperately needs to take up his mantle. Hmm, maybe a certain person will if they get an offer sometime next year. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When you got beneath the xenophobia, homophobia and sexism, he wasn't that slappable.
    Sorry, he was always nice to me, so I feel the need to actually stick up for him.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.