The Student Room Group

Is Psychology or Business a better subject to take to study law?

I'll be doing the IB diploma, and my subjets look like this:
English HL
History HL
Spanish HL
Maths SL
Computer Science SL
Business / Psychology

My preference would have been Economics or something like that, but unfortunately my school is quite small so the options are limited. Which would be a better subject to take, given I'm interested in applying for law at Oxford or Cambridge?
I think either is fine but would choose Psych as it may be deemed slightly more academic than Business. Saying that I don't know the specific requirements of the course you want to do at Oxbridge so I would double check that…for A level Oxbridge don't view either of these as a "facilitating subject" but I think it's different with IB because you have to do so many. Sorry I haven't been very helpful but my vote would be Psych anyway :colondollar:
Business because this links in well with law because law affects businese and law and business is never ending.
Reply 3
Original post by MollyMcFly1
I think either is fine but would choose Psych as it may be deemed slightly more academic than Business. Saying that I don't know the specific requirements of the course you want to do at Oxbridge so I would double check that…for A level Oxbridge don't view either of these as a "facilitating subject" but I think it's different with IB because you have to do so many. Sorry I haven't been very helpful but my vote would be Psych anyway :colondollar:

Well Psychology is definitely the one that would be more interesting for me, but I'm afraid it might be kind of useless for Law! Do you know if both of them are considered as soft subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending