is this maths course worth 2 gcse's?

Watch
simba_madridsta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
im currently in year 10 and we did 2 methods papers and 2 application papers for my end of year 10 exams so im wondering is maths 2 gcse's because both exam titles are different.
loki123456
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. I did a google search and found this as evidence: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathe...370/why-choose

'Teachers like that GCSE Maths, like other core subjects, can be rewarded with two qualifications'

It's an interesting specification I never heard of
Tararaboom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, the two methods papers give you a GCSE in Methods in Mathematics and two application papers give you a GCSE in Applications of Mathematics. 2 separate GCSEs and this was a pilot scheme so they are not common.
simba_madridsta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thank you so much guys.
Gilo98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a very uncommon spec but has been accredited and is worth 2 GCSEs. It was ran at my school for the top tier students but tbh i would much rather take a standard GCSE maths course which is more recognisable. think only edexcel and AQA offer it. used to be a pilot course under AQA, but now is fully fledged.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (367)
19.73%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.46%

Watched Threads