Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

rumbly tummy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You could try drinking some water during the lesson. But I find the best way is to take your mind off it and do something exciting. The lessons which involve loud class discussions and stuff and not sitting there quietly doing work are the best situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    that definally not the reason, but chew too much chewing gum is bad for ur stomach becasue enzymes are produced more than needed.
    i know....but i'm litereally addicted to it!

ReputationRep:
    what's funny is even when ppl are full their stomach still rumbles, but a different sound. :p:D
    ooh, i get that problem after dinner in school - only ever in school dammit!

and my throat makes noises too - it's like an inward burp - it's terrible!

ReputationRep:
    hehe that tell me a lot
    :eek: ..........i said that a bit wrong.....i mean everyone talks and looks around, and we're doing our gcse's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i know....but i'm litereally addicted to it!
    well i have no right to say anything becasue i have to chewing the gum whenever possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    But I find the best way is to take your mind off it and do something exciting. The lessons which involve loud class discussions and stuff and not sitting there quietly doing work are the best situations.
    thats true the more you think about it, the worse it gets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    :eek: ..........i said that a bit wrong.....i mean everyone talks and looks around, and we're doing our gcse's
    yeah that's what i meant
    that tells me a lot about ur school when exam condition should be much different

ReputationRep:
    Back in secondary school, I used to have problems with my stomach and had to go home basically (no way I was going to use the school toilets!). Then when I came to college, I had problems with rumbling stomaches instead but I have now learned to control it during my second year. Now I have problems with small burps instead!. Not like the loud burps after you have drunk a whole can of beer or something. I'm going to uni this year so I wonder what it will be this time?!

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone but i've gotto go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    no way I was going to use the school toilets
    so are u scared what other boy will think about u? or some other reasons...?

ReputationRep:
    apparently peppermints are supposed to help eventually but they make it worse for a little while! never really worked for me though, holding ur breath a bit helps a little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    thanks everyone but i've gotto go!
    see ya don't forget to sing

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.