username1046093
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My elder sister has bad acne.. How can she get rid of acne and her acne scars? (she's got like black scars on her face which has been for the past year)
_emma_o
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would recommend visiting the doctors, that helped me. Also I used the Mario Badescu whitening mask and that helps but it is more expensive. You cannot completely get rid of the scars, they will fade over time, however you may be left with some marks but they will be very minor. Ensure that you always use SPF as the sun can darken the scars. But overall go to the doctors as they will prescribe you will something and depending on your age you will not have to pay for it!

Good luck x
username1046093
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by _emma_o)
I would recommend visiting the doctors, that helped me. Also I used the Mario Badescu whitening mask and that helps but it is more expensive. You cannot completely get rid of the scars, they will fade over time, however you may be left with some marks but they will be very minor. Ensure that you always use SPF as the sun can darken the scars. But overall go to the doctors as they will prescribe you will something and depending on your age you will not have to pay for it!

Good luck x
N'aww thankyouuu so much for this, much appreciated Emma! How much is the whitening mask? And does it help you a lot? My sister's scars aren't that much bad, only got a couple on her cheeks and on her chin.
Yep, I'll tell her to start using SPF too. She has never used them before!
She did go to the doctors, her doctor prescribed her Benzoyl Peroxide but our mom didn't allow her to use them. Because she said my sister was too young to use chemicals on her skin and she also said that it will damage her skin as it is very sensitive.
Ideally, her aim is to remove all my acne scars by the time she goes Uni (that is next year) but I don't think that will happen
Thankyouu x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads