Another idea of mine...Tax Opt outs. Feasible?

Watch
Poll: Is a system of tax 'opt ins' a good idea?
Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%
Other [please state] (1)
100%
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
A few weeks ago I posted an idea of mine to elect cabinet members (So you could technically have people voting Conservative for Chancellor of the Exchequer and green for the Enviromental secretary)- This was expertly shot down by Raka. and others and I have subsequently changed my mind!

My next idea (I dont know if anyone else has come up with it) is an idea of tax 'opt outs/ opt ins'

Basically my idea is that from birth till say age 18/19 You should get state funded education, health and maybe other benefits that we enjoy today. When you turn 18/19 though (Basically when youve finished further education/ apprenticeship) you are put on a default tax system which is incredibly basic (essentially a minarchist government paying for the barest essentials)

You then have the choice of opting in to extra benefits such as the NHS but have to pay for this through additional taxes.

Thoughts?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (66)
33.17%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.14%
No (52)
26.13%
I'm not sure (27)
13.57%

Watched Threads