i need help deciding what to choose as a degree

Watch
yasmin_mcgloin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know this will sound silly but I'm really struggling to decide what course to do, never mind what university to go to. Currently I'm studying A-Level Maths and History with a Cambridge technical in Business Studies. I enjoy both maths and business but all the grade boundaries seem to be very high for both these courses. I need help with ideas on how to choose and what to choose.
it would be much appreciated, Thanks
simondo93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Flip a coin

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
vee_wuvshugs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by yasmin_mcgloin)
I know this will sound silly but I'm really struggling to decide what course to do, never mind what university to go to. Currently I'm studying A-Level Maths and History with a Cambridge technical in Business Studies. I enjoy both maths and business but all the grade boundaries seem to be very high for both these courses. I need help with ideas on how to choose and what to choose.
Instead if thinking about what course you want to do, think about the career you want to pursue and what you really enjoy and would want to spend 3/4 years studying. Also, think about the job prospects the course offers and how many different areas it is valued and useful in. You might not want to pursue the career you thought of so having a degree which is flexible will benefit you a lot.
yasmin_mcgloin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
Instead if thinking about what course you want to do, think about the career you want to pursue and what you really enjoy and would want to spend 3/4 years studying. Also, think about the job prospects the course offers and how many different areas it is valued and useful in. You might not want to pursue the career you thought of so having a degree which is flexible will benefit you a lot.
thank you the only problem is I don't know what I want to become. I know I'm not good at arts, I would love to do drama but there isn't many job prospects, I'm not good at learning languages, I'm thinking about doing international business but I really cant decide :?
username457532
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Maybe you should TAKE TIME OUT TO DECIDE.
vee_wuvshugs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you the only problem is I don't know what I want to become. I know I'm not good at arts, I would love to do drama but there isn't many job prospects, I'm not good at learning languages, I'm thinking about doing international business but I really cant decide :?
Mmn, What about a maths degree? Or something like this? http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/un...e-4-years-bsc/
GABates
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you are really struggling then you want to think about what kind of work you want to go into after uni! If you see yourself in the business sector maybe working marketing/sales then business is probably the better option. However, if you want to go into the financial aspect of things then you might be well of picking either of these two subjects as they're both very relevant!
I study business at the minute and there is a surprising amount of maths involved in the financial modules, keep that in mind. All the best!
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Might be a good idea to order some prospectuses from a few unis - doesn't matter which - and have a look at their courses to see if anything catches your interest. There are a number of humanities and social sciences which you could study.

Don't worry too much about what career it will lead to at this stage - many people go into uni not knowing what they will do afterwards and find this out with the help of work exp/internships and careers guidance as they go through their degree.
CSL123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
International Business sounds good- that is what I am considering anyway, however I feel that would be a waste of your talents with maths and history. I have heard History degrees have many job prospects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.26%
Excited but a bit nervous (125)
45.62%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.77%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.34%

Watched Threads