The Student Room Group

I'm a bored homosexual Middle eastern coconut AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
[QUOTE=satanicwarmaster;57455555]Virtually all Gujaratis I've encountered were Indian. What do you think of Indian Gujaratis?

Not a big fan of India because they won't give me a visa to go there because my great grandad was Pakistani 😒

I've never really clicked with asians in the UK - Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshi, or Sri Lankans tbh
Original post by Brownclown
They're all not great but the gujratis are worse. Kashmiris can be pretty light skinned tho

Well, most British Pakistanis (60-70%) in the UK are from Kashmir, so that's why it seems they're the ones causing most of the trouble. Certainly, not all of them are that way, though.

And yeah, some Kashmiris look very European. Take a look at Salman Rushdie. He's from a Kashmiri Muslim background. He's Indian, though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
I shall call myself a milky latte then
Not a big fan of India because they won't give me a visa to go there because my great grandad was Pakistani 😒

I've never really clicked with asians in the UK - Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshi, or Sri Lankans tbh

Haha. Why do you want to go to India?

Fair enough. I've clicked with mainly Indians.

From what I've observed, British Indians tend to be socioeconomically better off than other British South Asians on average.
Brown on the outside but white on the inside

I'm pretty sure it's blood red on the inside.

(Generally speaking.)

Original post by EatAndRevise
Correct, he should leave Islam.

:laugh:

Original post by Jaaneman Tu Mera
He is a Muslim regardless whether he acts on it or not.

Anyone who claims that people who practice homosexual acts are not Muslims, should say the same thing about Non-Hijabis, Adulteress, Terrorist, Angry People, Drug users......but they only single out practising homosexuals

hypocrites

Interesting way to think of things (; I've never heard someone explicably state the first sentence, even if they haven't said otherwise.)

You should probably look at my other post before you label me as a religious wacko.

Moron.

:laugh again:

The whole 21st century is shallow - both gay and straight lol. Superficiality is just synonymous with gay people tho

And I'm not light skinned enough to look like a tanned white person. I'm a slightly darker brown - dark enough to see I'm definitely not white 😒

"Superficiality is just synonymous with gay people tho".

Ok, I don't care if you applied this to everyone, as previously mentioned, but then you add this.
This means you think gay people are superficial more so; to a greater degree or that by "synonymous" they are the epitome of superficiality, the most superficial one could get.
I wouldn't really be bothered by this if you limited it to a subgroup within the gay population, but to make a disgustingly sweeping statement is, well, disgusting.

If that's not how it was meant, well sorry, but that's certainly how it was taken, and I wouldn't regret saying these words regardless, as I feel they need to be said.

EDIT #1: You probably meant nothing by it, but I think it should be said regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
[QUOTE=XcitingStuart;57456347

"Superficiality is just synonymous with gay people tho".

Ok, I don't care if you applied this to everyone, as previously mentioned, but then you add this.
This means you think gay people are superficial more so; to a greater degree or that by "synonymous" they are the epitome of superficiality, the most superficial one could get.
I wouldn't really be bothered by this if you limited it to a subgroup within the gay population, but to make a disgustingly sweeping statement is, well, disgusting.

If that's not how it was meant, well sorry, but that's certainly how it was taken, and I wouldn't regret saying these words regardless, as I feel they need to be said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fine then all the muscle queens, size queens and all the guys who won't give you the time of day unless you're hot and look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model are the epitome of shallow.

What sub groups are you talking about?
Fine then all the muscle queens, size queens and all the guys who won't give you the time of day unless you're hot and look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model are the epitome of shallow.

What sub groups are you talking about?

When I referred to sub group, I meant that I wouldn't necessarily agree with you, but I wouldn't be as harsh in my judgements. They're not entirely being entirely generalised on the basis of their sexuality, as you have limited to X, Y or Z subgroup. It would also be wrong, in the sense that I've had next to no experience with gay people in real life (as opposed to just online.)

Do you think gay people are just about solely comprised of "muscle queens, size queens and all the guys who won't give you the time of day unless you're hot and look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model"? You don't sound as if you've changed your viewpoint much.

EDIT #1: Do you use "gay" as a blanket term including bisexuals as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 67
[QUOTE=XcitingStuart;57456751]

Do you think gay people are just about solely comprised of "muscle queens, size queens and all the guys who won't give you the time of day unless you're hot and look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model"? You don't sound as if you've changed your viewpoint much.

EDIT #1: Do you use "gay" as a blanket term including bisexuals as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The wonderful apps of grindr and scruff, and Twitter have certainly shown me how shallow guys are.

Not muscled? Move along
Not hung? Not interested
Don't have a hot face? Message ignored

And no I haven't changed my viewpoint. I'm not one of those naive people who thinks personality is enough to overcome a lack of physical attraction when it's not. I need to fix up aesthetically if I'm to get anywhere And enjoy dating
Reply 68
[QUOTE=satanicwarmaster;57456345]Haha. Why do you want to go to India?

Fair enough. I've clicked with mainly Indians.

From what I've observed, British Indians tend to be socioeconomically better off than other British South Asians on average.

Indians are South Asian lol

India is also a beautiful country but I won't ever be visiting
Original post by satanicwarmaster
Like I said before, people have different ideas about what is 'brown'. Many South Asians consider themselves 'brown', as do many South Americans, Middle Easterners and Africans.

South American here, most South American countries would not consider their whole country 'brown' or as we call it, moreno. Depending on the country, but mine is a good example of a mixed one, people would refer to each person individually by the colour of their skin, for example I would be 'tan', not white, but not brown either, and even natives with brown skin would not be moreno, but instead indigenous and black people are 'negro' (Not the same conotations as USA negro, negro is black in Spanish and this has no negative connotations). Argentinians and Chileans especially wouldnt since they consider themselves and are in a lot of cases, white. I think you meant Mexicans, as they usually call themselevs brown in America. Oh and brown or moreno in SA would be someone who is mixed and has a darker skin tone, like South Asian skintone.
(edited 8 years ago)
The wonderful apps of grindr and scruff, and Twitter have certainly shown me how shallow guys are.

Not muscled? Move along
Not hung? Not interested
Don't have a hot face? Message ignored

And no I haven't changed my viewpoint. I'm not one of those naive people who thinks personality is enough to overcome a lack of physical attraction when it's not. I need to fix up aesthetically if I'm to get anywhere And enjoy dating

I never said I thought "personality is enough to overcome a lack of physical attraction." I'm merely saying you're disgustingly extrapolating your experiences to every single gay person out there, in the big wide world.

So are you including bisexuals when you say "gay", just curious? It is often used as a blanket term, so I want to know which way you mean it (if you don't mind.) I want to know, because I'm bisexual myself, but lean far more towards homosexuality (in terms of sexual attraction.)

Also, do you consider yourself superficial then? Do you do the aforementioned to any extent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmperorPowerMan
South American here, most South American countries would not consider their whole country 'brown' or as we call it, moreno. Depending on the country, but mine is a good example of a mixed one, people would refer to each person individually by the colour of their skin, for example I would be 'tan', not white, but not brown either, and even natives with brown skin would not be moreno, but instead indigenous and black people are 'negro' (Not the same conotations as USA negro, negro is black in Spanish and this has no negative connotations). Argentinians and Chileans especially wouldnt since they consider themselves and are in a lot of cases, white. I think you meant Mexicans, as they usually call themselevs brown in America.

Sorry, my bad. Yeah, I meant Mexicans. :smile:
Indians are South Asian lol

India is also a beautiful country but I won't ever be visiting

Yeah, I said 'other' British South Asians.
Original post by satanicwarmaster
Sorry, my bad. Yeah, I meant Mexicans. :smile:

Thats ok, just informing :smile:
Reply 74
[QUOTE=XcitingStuart;57457173]I never said I thought "personality is enough to overcome a lack of physical attraction." I'm merely saying you're disgustingly extrapolating your experiences to every single gay person out there, in the big wide world.

So are you including bisexuals when you say "gay", just curious? It is often used as a blanket term, so I want to know which way you mean it (if you don't mind.) I want to know, because I'm bisexual myself, but lean far more towards homosexuality (in terms of sexual attraction.)

Also, do you consider yourself superficial then? Do you do the aforementioned to any extent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really include bi guys in this - never even crossed my mind tbh

I'm superficial to the extent where I realise I need to look really good for guys to be interested.

Tbh I'm not even into ripped or hung guys, I prefer your average normal guy. I'm fugly as fooook though so I will be spending the next year in the gym to get buff and compensate for my sub par face and average erm you know what
Original post by XcitingStuart

Why would he stay in a religion that hates him for being gay?

Oh no, it wasn't mocking. I just genuinely found your comments funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think about this sometimes. Although LGBT friendly outlets for religious LGBT people exist, the mainstream is usually not accommodating of LGBT people and shuns them. I admire the strength of LGBT people who still identify with their religion even when it condemns them. However, I also feel sorry for them. I couldn't do that. It's tempting to tell them that, while life is difficult for LGBT people, at least things are slightly better without the religious constraints.

I would never do that, though. I suppose their religion is a part of who they are in the same way their sexuality or gender identity is a part of who they are. As such, it's difficult for them to abandon one for the other.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
[QUOTE=satanicwarmaster;57458541]I think about this sometimes. Although LGBT friendly outlets for religious LGBT people exist, the mainstream is usually not accommodating of LGBT people and shuns them. I admire the strength of LGBT people who still identify with their religion even when it condemns them. However, I also feel sorry for them. I couldn't do that. It's tempting to tell them that, while life is difficult for LGBT people, at least things are slightly better without the religious constraints.

I would never do that, though. I suppose their religion is a part of who they are in the same way their sexuality or gender identity is a part of who they are. As such, it's difficult for them to abandon one for the other.

My faith is dwindling fast if I'm honest

Things in my life aren't good - haven't been good for a while. God doesn't seem to care though so yh
My faith is dwindling fast if I'm honest

Things in my life aren't good - haven't been good for a while. God doesn't seem to care though so yh

Sorry to hear that (or read, rather). I was mainly talking about LGBT people who still strongly identify with their religion despite the homophobia in their communities. If you feel like your faith is dwindling fast and you want out, that's fine. I don't blame you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending