5.St Andrews
6.UCL
7.Bristol
8.Essex
9.Imperial
10.Bath
Reply 2
gangrene
hey this just proves how bored i am and how inspired i am by all these new threads popping up on league tables....so heres a new one....gimme ur top ten Uk universities most recognized internationally:

This is mine...

1.Oxford - Cambridge
2.LSE
3.ICL
4.KCL
5.Warwick
6.Bristol
7.UCL
8.Nottingham
9.Edinburgh
10.Birmingham

Any justification?

:confused:
Reply 3
well justification is based on personal opinion really...

this is just a personal opinion thing btw....

well, after living in both hong kong and singapore and being in an international school, the official UK university league tables normally are quite different from ppl's perceptions overseas.
Oxford
Cambridge
LSE
UCL
Imperial
KCL
Bristol
Edinburgh
Bath
St Andrews
Reply 5
I heared TVU was one of the most regonised UK universities in certain parts of the world.
er

oxford
cambridge
imperial
lse

....perhaps edinburgh, warwick kcl and ucl but thats about it, notts is pretty recognised in asia but not worldwide
Reply 7
rah
er

oxford
cambridge
imperial
lse

....perhaps edinburgh, warwick kcl and ucl but thats about it, notts is pretty recognised in asia but not worldwide

i would think lse is third?
Reply 8
TheWolf

it's all subjective :smile: I would put Imperial on top of lse, of course :wink:
TheWolf

it was a random order and you are right, lse is probably more internationally reknown, or so gnostic tells us.
Reply 10
I ask many people before who are never interested in UK universities

I got these results

Oxford - Yes
Cambridge - Yes
LSE - I think I ve heard that somewhere before
Imperial - ? sounds familar
Others - ???

Some people said to me "Is Harvard in UK?"
Reply 11
Surely Manchester is quite well known. I spent a year travelling and people i spoke to in most of the countries had heard of the university.
Reply 12
Well Manchester Encoding is very well known in computer science and of course that was invented at Manchester University.
Oxbridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
KCL
Edinburgh
St.andrews
Durham

Id expect these 9 to be the best known, cant think of a 10th which sticks out from the rest.
Reply 14
an Siarach
Oxbridge
LSE
Imperial
UCL
KCL
Edinburgh
St.andrews
Durham

Id expect these 9 to be the best known, cant think of a 10th which sticks out from the rest.

University of Luton
1. Oxford
2. LSE
3. Cambridge
4. Imperial
5. St. Andrew's

I can't really think of many more that would stand out.
Well known amongst academics or just people generally?

I think that after Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial the most well known would probably be the universities located in major cities like Mancester, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Bristol and Glasgow. St Andrews may be more famous now as a result of Prince William studying there. Im not sure about UCL, perhaps people would just think of it as the 'University of London'. .

Bath, Nottingham, York and Warwick may have gained prestige in recent times but surely not enough to make them really famous overseas?
Reply 17
BazTheMoney
1. Oxford
2. LSE
3. Cambridge
4. Imperial
5. St. Andrew's

I can't really think of many more that would stand out.

lse infront of cambridge? no ways
etomac
University of Luton

Hahaha. Yeeeeeees :biggrin:
Reply 19
Dr. Blazed
Hahaha. Yeeeeeees :biggrin:

btw can u explain to me :rolleyes:
cuz i come from Hong Kong and i just read that somewhere (i.e. i forgot)

Latest

Trending

Trending