The Student Room Group

Do most people find their marriage partners at uni?

Or do they just come around later on in life?
Original post by dmy15
Or do they just come around later on in life?

I don't know any of my friends from uni who are going to marry their partner who they met at uni (and I'm only one year out of uni!) that having been said, there's a few couples I know from my masters degree who are pretty much definitely going to get married.
my friend's sibling actually met her hubby at uni and they were in a relationship for years til they married :smile: although i doubt most people do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I don't know any of my friends from uni who are going to marry their partner who they met at uni (and I'm only one year out of uni!) that having been said, there's a few couples I know from my masters degree who are pretty much definitely going to get married.

So where do you think most people meet their partner then? work, holidays etc?
Original post by dmy15
So where do you think most people meet their partner then? work, holidays etc?

Through friends I'd assume, then probably work would be next big one.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Through friends I'd assume, then probably work would be next big one.

This is interesting as my bf from home left me for a girl at uni !!! Let's home there are some stats that say ' many people return to their childhood sweetheart' lol
Original post by Anonymous
This is interesting as my bf from home left me for a girl at uni !!! Let's home there are some stats that say ' many people return to their childhood sweetheart' lol

Sorry to hear that :hugs:
Reply 7
None of my now many married friends met their partners at uni.
I m intending to marry the partner I ve met at uni but doesn't happen to that many people from what I ve heard.
Reply 9
Well, if you go to St Andrews...
I didn't but I don't plan on it anyway!
Original post by Mich18
Well, if you go to St Andrews...

It probably helps if you happen to 2nd in line to the throne at the time...

Quick Reply

Latest