Do you care about your cousins?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Are we supposed to be close to our cousins? To me, they are an irrelevance. Am I being harsh?
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Mine have grown up to be typical rude teenagers and I live further up North than them so rarely see them. I guess you could say I don't care much as a result.

The youngest one is good fun, the other two just stay in their room and lock their door. I haven't seen the 4th since I was 4 due to her mum being an ex with no contact.

I can't see us staying in contact as adults.
Lemon Haze
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Depends on how close you are to them when you grew up! For me my cousins are like my brothers, I'm very close to all of them and talk all the time even though half of my cousins live in America/Jamaica
sdotd
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Im pretty close with most
Alyssa_kassar
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yes. They're family
Manny_khalae
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yasss because they're hugely annoying but I'll always love them

Posted from TSR Mobile
MylittlePlusle
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have nothing much in common wih them but becuase they are family I talk to them/care about them.
TomatoLounge
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
Are we supposed to be close to our cousins? To me, they are an irrelevance. Am I being harsh?
Didn't accept her friend request lol :/
hihihihihi
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have about 40 cousins world wide but only in regular contact with about 3 cause we live quite close with each other.
gemmam
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have two I haven't even met. The rest (apart from one) I haven't seen for several years but I'm friends with two of them on Facebook. I have nothing against any of them but we've never really been close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alexs2602
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Honestly depends.

Most of my cousins don't live nearby. My uncle nearest to me doesn't get on with my dad so we don't see my cousins much. I have cousins on the other side of London who I get on with fairly well but they're between 7 and 19 years younger than me so a significant age gap to be that close. I have some cousins in Israel who are up to 10 years older than me, I guess. When they visit our grandmother I try to get over and see them. I have a cousin in Colchester but I don't think their mother gets on with their father/my uncle so I think the only time I've ever seen them was when I was 1. I have a couple of other cousins from Bristol but at first we didn't see each other much so not much opportunity to bond and I feel like the one that moved down my way gets on better with the cousins whose dad my dad doesn't get on with.
Paladian
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have cousins who live in NY I got on with them when I went there but when I got back had no contact with tham since shame really 'cos we did get on ok.
Sam280297
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm 18 and all my cousins are in their late 20's to 30's except one who's 19 and I can't remember the last time I saw her. All the cousins on my dads side live only about half an hour away from me but I rarely see them.
I only have 3 cousins on my mums side and one lives 4 hours away and the other 2 live 5 hours away but we still see them at least twice a year and have good contact with them.
At the end of the day they are all family so I care about them no matter what.
qasim-98
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have quite a few girl and boy cousins and to say by and large we all think of each other as brother and sister and see one another almost everyday, excluding a few older cousins who I disregard as my family, I can't imagine not having them because we all live in the same city and areas
jenhasdreams
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yep, although I've only got two. I'm quite close with my female cousin, although we didn't grow up near each other we spent a fair amount of time at each others houses or at my grandma's.
KöniginderSchnee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think it's also a cultural thing as well. I'm white British and rarely talk to my cousins, but I have loads of asian friends whose families regularly invite extended family over to their houses and therefore my friends are sort of lumbered with them.
CSL123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm close to mine. I don't see how I couldn't be. I guess I'd be lost really
Liquid Harvest
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't know them, do I even have cousins?
Dumbledore'sArmy
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Never met mine. All live across the globe from me. Therefore I don't care too much, but would love to meet them.
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Mine are spread across Europe, I like them but don't really care about them as I don't see them often. I aim to make sure I beat them in exams as my sister is no real competition unfortunately I smoke them all as well
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.56%
October 2021 (247)
44.99%
November 2021 (66)
12.02%
December 2021 (69)
12.57%
January 2021 (70)
12.75%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
8.01%