The Norwich City F.C Thread Watch

fluttershy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Since we're no longer part of the "Championship and lower league" thread, I think it's time to have one of our own. Join in fellow Canaries for what will hopefully be an exciting season.

First item, the new home kit has been revealed today:
http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/artic...d-2518144.aspx

It's supposed to be a nod to history to celebrate the 80th anniversary of playing at Carrow Road. The split yellow and green is similar to the kit worn during the 30s and 40s. Personally though the need to include the sponsor logo spoils it and makes it look messy. Not sure what I'd do different though.

Opinions?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great thread.

TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is a nice kit, and I agree the big yellow square encroaching into the green to accommodate the sponsor does look a bit naff.

What we ideally need is a Premier League Discussion Thread, there's little to no fans of teams like Bournemouth (who just signed Tyrone Mings), Swansea & Leicester etc.
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like Norwich City, always giving us a good game :beard: Hope you stay up this year, probably will anyway :yy:
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Up the Canaries
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Norwich's third kit is so nice, but it would work better as a Northampton Saints kit. Why have they released three kits the same colour, too? Sickening.
fluttershy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Norwich's third kit is so nice, but it would work better as a Northampton Saints kit. Why have they released three kits the same colour, too? Sickening.
The third kit has grown on me. Might get one. Also can't help thing that the worse kits we have the better we do. The awful "birdpoo" kit between 1992 and 1994 was worn whilst at the top of the Premier League and in Europe.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Norwich really impress me under Neil, and they are certainly the best and most equipped side to survive in the PL out of the three promoted outfits.

A shout out to Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who is returning and still looks like a man who can't hit a barn door.
fluttershy
Rep:
?
Well that wasn't the start I was hoping for. Not a bad display though, and very unlucky on decisions. Just worry about the lack of firepower. Once again we're playing 1 up front without having a player good enough for that role. Think Redmond should be starting though. He made the crucial difference when he came on, and stopped it being a total walk over.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Very harsh goal to be ruled out. Needs to be some clarification on this high foot rule
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dreadful officiating. A hat-trick of blunders, including the missed penalty after Bassong going down under Wickham's shove.

How he's not given that goal for Cameron Jerome is a mystery, and Glenn Murray definitely should've seen a yellow card at the very least.
fluttershy
Rep:
?
Big contrast on Saturday with the result, even if the play wasn't that different. It's nice to see Norwich playing good exciting football at the top level, something not seen since Lambert left. There seems to be a real belief about the squad at the moment. Hopefully it can continue when it comes to facing the top side, although I think Palace are going to be a top half if not better side this season.

That cup draw away at Rotherham will be interesting. For the first time in a long time we have a strong enough squad that we can rest the main squad and still have a strong squad for the cups. Somehow don't see Alex Neil to be one to ignore the cups either.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Redmond is just such a lovely little player, and it's surprising (yet quite refreshing) that he stuck with the Canaries when they were relegated. A good result yesterday at the Stadium of the Light, but make no mistake, Sunderland will finish bottom of the PL this season.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think I read somewhere that Alex Neil hasn't lost away in charge of Norwich yet, unbelievable record
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Think I read somewhere that Alex Neil hasn't lost away in charge of Norwich yet, unbelievable record
Aye, I posted that on the PL fixtures thread. Great record.

I think many people assume (and correctly) that Bournemouth would take Burnley and Sean Dyche's mantle as being the darlings of the neutral, but Neil has done a tremendous job at Norwich and there's something which really strikes me as him being a young Ferguson (without the negatives).

I think Norwich could steal hearts this year, I really do.
fluttershy
Rep:
?
Good point on Saturday. Could have had more but Jack Butland was brilliant. 4 points out of 3 games is survival form most years. Got 3 big games coming up in the league. Bournemouth are very likely to be around us at the end of the season, and Southampton look like they could be too, so a really need a result at both. Then their is the first massive test at Liverpool.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fluttershy)
Good point on Saturday. Could have had more but Jack Butland was brilliant. 4 points out of 3 games is survival form most years. Got 3 big games coming up in the league. Bournemouth are very likely to be around us at the end of the season, and Southampton look like they could be too, so a really need a result at both. Then their is the first massive test at Liverpool.
Watford can't seem to find a goal, so you're definitely looking the most equipped newly promoted side to stay up in the PL this campaign. Neil is so cool and level-headed, too. You'll win plenty of neutrals over with him in charge.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Watford can't seem to find a goal, so you're definitely looking the most equipped newly promoted side to stay up in the PL this campaign. Neil is so cool and level-headed, too. You'll win plenty of neutrals over with him in charge.
I like Norwich, probably because of the crux of former Leeds players they have/had in their ranks, but all the hype this season is still going to be the plucky little south coast team on the brink of death that rose from the ashes.

I agree that Alex Neil is a very likeable bloke. Seems to command respect, but in a good away.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
I agree that Alex Neil is a very likeable bloke. Seems to command respect, but in a good away.
Aye. He's got something Fergie about him.
adam54
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello, I have written a new blog post:

Eunan O’Kane: Who is Bournemouth’s midfield man?
https://smashedtopbins.wordpress.com...-midfield-man/

Would be great if you took a few minutes out to read it!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed