Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Subs were made way too late.

Rooney was poor, Lampard didn't offer much.

Scholes was okay in parts, and so was Gerrard.

Owen took his goal well.

Vassell and Heskey don't reallt work well together. Defoe should have been brought on.

James had a poor game.

Defence didn't have bad games.

Butt and Hargreaves should have had longer on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Subs were made way too late.

Rooney was poor, Lampard didn't offer much.

Scholes was okay in parts, and so was Gerrard.

Owen took his goal well.

Vassell and Heskey don't reallt work well together. Defoe should have been brought on.

James had a poor game.

Defence didn't have bad games.

Butt and Hargreaves should have had longer on the pitch.
    i have doubts about butt, because i havent seen him played for a long time. The fact that sven doesnt let him play for a decent amount of time doesnt help either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Streetwize)
    scholes is FAR from a disgrace, the way he gets into positions and passes the ball around is incredible. you only say hes crap or whatever because he hasnt scored in ages. dont judge a player by that. we are looking at a midfielder with all round ability.

to be honest, defence was shoddy, i hope they place butt over lampard against france because lampard cannot handle zidane, no way. butt would have problems as it is, let alone having an attacking midfielder do it !

rooney is rubbish imo, i think hes overrated as hell. i wish defoe was playing...or beattie
    Defoe was **** for the last game, was selfish and was randomly shooting not very well, don't know why the media hyped him!

beattie has proven that he doesn't have what it takes to step up to this level and doesn't fit with out system.

Rooney is class

butt is a Man U reserve, and hargreaves pisses all over him

And not only is scholes not scoring goals, he is not playing well, his passing was yet again abysmal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i have doubts about butt, because i havent seen him played for a long time. The fact that sven doesnt let him play for a decent amount of time doesnt help either
    And that is why he should have had longer on the pitch.

He didn't grt a great deal of football at United the season before the World Cup, yet was very good there.

ReputationRep:
    Defoe should have been brought on.
    You're only saying that becuase you're a Spurs fan . He should be in the final squad, but in a game where Sven was probably trying to finalise his tactics for Euro 2004, bringing Defoe on would have been slightly pointless.

ReputationRep:
    who do you guys thing should be at front at the back> front probably owen and rooney? back - cole,campbell,terry, and someone else?

ReputationRep:
    And that is why he should have had longer on the pitch.

He didn't grt a great deal of football at United the season before the World Cup, yet was very good there.
    No he wasn't. He exceeded expectation so he looked great.

ReputationRep:
    who do you guys thing should be at front at the back> front probably owen and rooney? back - cole,campbell,terry, and someone else?
    I prefer Bridge to Cole.

Owen and Heskey to start against France.

Defoe should be given a chance in one of these warm-up games.

Gary Neville should be in defence. Consistently does the simple things well in games.

ReputationRep:
    You have to admit that Japan played some excellent football, especially in the way they set up their goal. They played without fear and found it easy most of the time to get into the box.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    You're only saying that becuase you're a Spurs fan . He should be in the final squad, but in a game where Sven was probably trying to finalise his tactics for Euro 2004, bringing Defoe on would have been slightly pointless.
    Shhhhh.

Defoe might be better than some of the strikers already selected.

As he has seen, there is a bit of work to do or changes that need to be made, so trying out some of the reserve players might be an idea.

Apart from Owen, there is no other goal poacher in there.

ReputationRep:

has to be Owen and Rooney up front

and it will be Cole terry Campbell and neville

which is the best we can do.

I reckon we have the players for a wing back system with 3 centre backs e'h Shan WP - RWB Cole LWB

and Campbell, Rio and Terry at centre backs when all available

but now i'm just confusing things even more...

ReputationRep:
    Shhhhh.

Defoe might be better than some of the strikers already selected.

As he has seen, there is a bit of work to do or changes that need to be made, so trying out some of the reserve players might be an idea.

Apart from Owen, there is no other goal poacher in there.
    He's better, but Svens's not going to change his mind now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    You have to admit that Japan played some excellent football, especially in the way they set up their goal. They played without fear and found it easy most of the time to get into the box.
    not really, England destryoyed them 1st half and japan just couldn't touch the ball, it seemed to be men against boys, then in the 2nd half our midfield lost all shape so Japan started to dominate

and was anyone else annoyed by those bloody screaming high pitched jap fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    has to be Owen and Rooney up front

and it will be Cole terry Campbell and neville

which is the best we can do.

I reckon we have the players for a wing back system with 3 centre backs e'h Shan WP - RWB Cole LWB

and Campbell, Rio and Terry at centre backs when all available

but now i'm just confusing things even more...

ooo yes shaun wright philipscould be good!

ReputationRep:
    would it be possible to have one striker and an extra attacking midfielder playing behind the striker? doesnt sound very good, but it does help accomodating the midfielders... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    would it be possible to have one striker and an extra attacking midfielder playing behind the striker? doesnt sound very good, but it does help accomodating the midfielders... :confused:
    that is a good idea but in a way, Rooney plays quite deep anyway so might as well be playing this role(similar to how sherringham used to be)

ReputationRep:
    Or like Peter Reid suggested play a 3-5-2 to cope with the French midfield

ReputationRep:
    Not with the way England play.

England suit two strikers up front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    i've been saying that for fookin ages, peter Reid listens to me

dunno if that is a good thing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    i always play 3-5-2 e.g. on fifa 2004..etc but would it work? with england's midfielders being so attacking, this could be fragile, and this means getting rid of ashley cole..

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.