Honey:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
What are your resources that you use for passing anatomy?

Please share tips/advice as i always seem to be failing!

:/ thanks in advance
Smushy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Den and pegington is a very useful summary and then Grey's anatomy for students is very in depth. If you have any friends that are good at anatomy study with them (seriously one of my friends just told me a snippet before an exam, it came up and made a huge difference). You can also go to the anatomy lab (if your uni has one) out of hours which is very useful. Then, for review and some fun get the netter's anatomy atlas that you can colour in.
momo26396
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Buy the colouring book - it really, really helps you understand anatomy
Also, Rohens colour anatomy book
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Essential anatomy 5 on the iPad. The price of a textbook, but very good for visualising anatomy and how it all interacts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hanz_a93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lecture slides- high yeild info.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hanz_a93)
Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm not a med student but surely anatomy is best learnt by visual images etc, not boring written text on slides?
Hanz_a93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
i'm not a med student but surely anatomy is best learnt by visual images etc, not boring written text on slides?
Anatomy is almost always represented as pictures or some visual aid on lecture slides and maybe even provide further resources to programme which stimulate cadaveric like bodies to go into further detail. Also at the end of the day, its the lecturers that will be making up your exam questions (at least in 1st yr and maybe 2nd yr anyways) so its just logical to learn what they teach because you may just be tested on it! Also a lot of books such as Grays and clinical anatomy go into unecessary detail. If you are failing exams its time to play the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liquid Harvest
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should look at the reading list (recommended books) for your university. For us, we used Clinically Oriented Anatomy and Grey's Anatomy (for students) to study anatomy. You will benefit hugely from watching the entire Acland's Video Atlas Of Human Anatomy - not only will this DVD blow your mind, it's an absolutely amazing resource for learning pure anatomy...it's not clinically oriented but it's certainly a gem. In fact, I would urge every single medical student in the country to watch this series of DVDs because it really is so amazing.

Other than than, you can also pick up this little handbook called Instant Anatomy - use this to gain a very brief overview, it's not enough on its own and needs to be used in conjunction with a comprehensive anatomy text.

Clinically Oriented Anatomy is very cumbersome and wordy, it contains all the information you need but the layout isn't the best. However, the clinical boxes are amazing and are a very helpful feature.

I've never used Snell Clinical Anatomy because my university doesn't recommend it, but your university might, so that's definitely worth having a look at. I've heard good things about it.

If your university offers prosection or dissection, make the most out of that, it's very useful. The best way to learn anatomy is by seeing cadavers and skeleton models, the second best way is through videos (Acland's!!), and then you've got your thick textbooks for anything else you need to know.

For neuroanatomy, my number one resource was Neuroanatomy by Crossman and Neary (absolutely amazing, will blow your mind, it's a thin book, concise but contains all the information you need to know). Then there's also Clinical Neuroanatomy by Snell (amazing book but MUCH more extensive and much thicker, I hardly used it at all).

We weren't provided with any decent lecture slides for anatomy so it was left up to us to chase our own resources. If in doubt, ask your fellow students what resources they're using.

Again, I cannot emphasise to you just how amazing Acland's Video Atlas is, definitely give that a go because it will help you visualise structures in a way that a book might not be able to.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I draw things. It's time consuming, but I find it helps me to properly understand how stuff fits together if I have to examine the images I'm using for reference that thoroughly. It helps being able to draw quite well, but to be honest I don't think it would matter if I couldn't - it's more about the thought process that goes into visualising something clearly enough to be able to draw it.
Honey:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Hanz_a93)

Posted from TSR Mobile
can you send me your lecture notes please? please please
asiangirl190
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Honey:))
What are your resources that you use for passing anatomy?
Please share tips/advice as i always seem to be failing!
:/ thanks in advance
Which medical school are you at? And what is your anatomy exam on? if you PM me I'll try dish out some online resources I had which are relevant to your topics. I found that there was a lot to cover so I went over what was taught rather than too much extra reading and only made extra notes if I didn't understand anything. Managed a C in both exams so I guess it worked for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.91%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.75%

Watched Threads