International student that wants to study medicine in UK Watch

jujuu99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey, I'm a Saudi student studying in Bahrain and i want to study medicine in UK! i heard it is very competitive but i really want to study medicine there. My grades are not straight A's, i would say they are good. I am also a Full International Baccalaureate Student taking IB HL Biology, Chemistry, Business and English B and Standard level: Arabic and Math studies. I did CAS hours and also hours as an observer in the hospital. May anyone please help me and tell me how to get into a UK medical school?

ps: our school did not offer GCSE so i did not take it
junior.doctor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a look at the different medical schools' admission requirements (you'll be able to find these online on each university's website) and see if your qualifications are listed, and look at the grades required. If you don't have GCSEs or an equivalent, you'll probably have to contact admissions tutors to detail your specific qualifications and grades and see if these are acceptable. Most / many medical schools also require an admission exam, usually the UKCAT or the BMAT - you will find details of these in the 'wiki' links at the top of the page here. Medical schools will place varying importance on the grades obtained in these. You'll need some healthcare related work experience and some extra-curricular activities which you can reflect on to demonstrate your suitability for medicine - for example team working, reliability, good communication skills… When you actually come to apply for medical school, there is a national application process called UCAS. You are allowed to apply for a maximum of 4 UK medical schools. You apply in the Sept / Oct for entry in the following October, ie. Sept this year for entry in Oct 2016.
jujuu99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so so so much! Do you think they will accept me? And if so, which unis are more likely to accept? I am so sorry for bothering you but at this point im really stressed and worried about UKCAT, applications and everything!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads