The Student Room Group

does anyone here believe in psychics?

I know it sounds a little crazy but then again I know a few people who do believe word for word what a psychic says. I had a 'reading' myself which told me that I will be rich soon, however that wasn't really the case and was in the first place quite too vague.

Please do share your views on this :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.

They are just very good at convincing you they are.
Original post by A5ko
No.
They are just very good at convincing you they are.

good point, have had a few cheeky ones persuading me to sign up to a plan for only £245 a month
I don't believe in vampires, superheroes, psychics, time travel or magic.
Reply 4
Original post by Liquid Harvest

You sicko!
Original post by Liquid Harvest

Superheroes?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I received a reading yesterday, I don't know whether I believe in them yet. But, she told me things that she couldn't possibly know.
Reply 7
Original post by rhiannonsweeney
I received a reading yesterday, I don't know whether I believe in them yet. But, she told me things that she couldn't possibly know.

It's her job to know what you 'think' she couldn't possibly know.

Take a step back and have a good long think about the information she had on you. Could you have put it somewhere to be seen? How did you get around to that topic? Did she really ask you anything or did you tell her?
Go onto Youtube and type 'James Randi'. This guy has lots of videos debunking psychics (amongst others) and he explains how the psychics do what they do. He even offered a million dollars to any psychic who could prove their powers under scientific conditions. The psychics who have taken the challenge have failed every time.

Psychics make a living convincing gullible people that they have powers. But fair play to them, if there are people silly enough to pay psychics for a reading then more fool them.
Reply 9
Does anyone in the audience have a name beginning with a letter of the alphabet?
Original post by whorace
Does anyone in the audience have a name beginning with a letter of the alphabet?

My name starts with a number. You failed. :u:
Original post by A5ko
It's her job to know what you 'think' she couldn't possibly know.
Take a step back and have a good long think about the information she had on you. Could you have put it somewhere to be seen? How did you get around to that topic? Did she really ask you anything or did you tell her?

She looked at my photo. I have never put stuff on the internet or anything for her to know. She didn't ask either. But, then again .. I don't know.
She warned me also about a person :/
nah it's bull**** but idiots exist in the world to believe it
Reply 13
She looked at my photo. I have never put stuff on the internet or anything for her to know. She didn't ask either. But, then again .. I don't know.

A tall dark female will lighten your wallet with false promises.

I have to agree with the rest when I say that psychics usually do say a lot of things which can be believable. As a person who used to believe in psychics (as my mum was in to the whole spiritual thing when I was younger) I know that it's fake. The future is up to you and if she said something that is accurate then base it on coincidence I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A5ko
A tall dark female will lighten your wallet with false promises.

Nah, I didn't give her any money :tongue:
If anything comes true i'll inform you. But, I'm unsure whether its true so
Original post by maryamzahid
I have to agree with the rest when I say that psychics usually do say a lot of things which can be believable. As a person who used to believe in psychics (as my mum was in to the whole spiritual thing when I was younger) I know that it's fake. The future is up to you and if she said something that is accurate then base it on coincidence I think :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly. My mother is also into all this aswell, I didn't give her any money anyway, so it isn't much of a loss (:
Possibly. My mother is also into all this aswell, I didn't give her any money anyway, so it isn't much of a loss (:

Yeah that good, I know a guy who did give in to the whole psychic stuff and the woman was a fraud. Took a heck lot of money off of him. I don't see nothing against it tho, could be quite a bit of fun tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"possibly"?! :lol: what makes you think that?
Original post by maryamzahid
Yeah that good, I know a guy who did give in to the whole psychic stuff and the woman was a fraud. Took a heck lot of money off of him. I don't see nothing against it tho, could be quite a bit of fun tbh :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so bad people leading others into false hope. I probably wouldn't pay for a reading because I don't know and I'd want to know if its 100% true before hand ^-^

Poor man, how did she establish it was a fraud?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending