rurounikenji
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys,

I have just finished uni with a 2.1 in law.However, i don't want to have a career in law. I feel lost atm because i am struggling to find the right career for me. I know i want something that will involve being creative in the sense of bringing something to fruition and perhaps also something that involve helping others. I have spoken to a career's advisor at my uni but they were of little help. I know i have interests in music and fashion but not sure where to go grom there. If anyone knows of my roles that may fit this description, let me know.

Thanks!
daindian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Creative in terms of finding solutions to a problem or arty
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
(Original post by daindian)
Creative in terms of finding solutions to a problem or arty
Either tbh
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rurounikenji)
Either tbh
i suggest consulting as one career option, you will helping businesses find solutions to their problems.
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
i suggest consulting as one career option, you will helping businesses find solutions to their problems.
That's the thing. I doubt i would be any good at that. I have never really been much of a business kind of guy
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's the thing. I doubt i would be any good at that. I have never really been much of a business kind of guy
There are other areas of consulting such as technology so you don't need much business sense. Also sales?? Web design??
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
There are other areas of consulting such as technology so you don't need much business sense. Also sales?? Web design??
The last time i prob did something I.T. related probably would be back during alevels and i assume technological consulting would probably require some IT degree/knowledge or something. Not a fan of sales either. Sorry, if it seems i am just brushing away your suggestions
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The last time i prob did something I.T. related probably would be back during alevels and i assume technological consulting would probably require some IT degree/knowledge or something. Not a fan of sales either. Sorry, if it seems i am just brushing away your suggestions
What are some of your intrests and what would your dream job be
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Take your time. There is no rush. Don't be afraid to try something and then something else if you find it not to your taste. But definitely do something. If you don't have a dream persue a series of short term goals. We are told we must persue a career but for many this is not the right direction to take. Dare to be different if necessary.

Good luck!
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
What are some of your intrests and what would your dream job be
Well, honestly my interests lie in fashion and making music. I wouldn't choose a career in making music as i know it's not a safe option. So, that leaves it to just fashion. - in terms of interest. However, roles like fashion designer are out of the question as i haven't got any experience or education that field.
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
(Original post by ByEeek)
Take your time. There is no rush. Don't be afraid to try something and then something else if you find it not to your taste. But definitely do something. If you don't have a dream persue a series of short term goals. We are told we must persue a career but for many this is not the right direction to take. Dare to be different if necessary.

Good luck!
I can't but help but feel like i am wasting my time - although, i have no idea what i want to do and i am constantly researching on career options. Oh, i like your approach!
daindian
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, honestly my interests lie in fashion and making music. I wouldn't choose a career in making music as i know it's not a safe option. So, that leaves it to just fashion. - in terms of interest. However, roles like fashion designer are out of the question as i haven't got any experience or education that field.
What about a career in buying /merchandising
rurounikenji
Rep:
?
What about a career in buying /merchandising
Not so much, into buying but maybe advertising i guess, but what could i possibly do in advertising (that involved creativity) without having a graphic design experience/degree?
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my experience you need life experience. Once you realise what you DON'T want it will help you move in the right direction. In the meantime get some work placements/work experience in anything that interests you. You have to experience things -it's the best way to figure it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (20)
7.72%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.37%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (71)
27.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed