GCSE ICT or GCSE COMPUTING? Which is easiest to get an A*?

Watch
IftekharAhad
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I'm in Year 9 and I've just chosen my GCSE Options. However, I have a dilemma as to whether to choose ICT or Computing. I would basically like to get an A* but I don't know which one to choose. Please could you help me to choose which one is the easiest to get an A* in?
Thanks - .
gapyear2018
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ict

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahahahaha123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree ICT

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1046093
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IftekharAhad)
Hi,
I'm in Year 9 and I've just chosen my GCSE Options. However, I have a dilemma as to whether to choose ICT or Computing. I would basically like to get an A* but I don't know which one to choose. Please could you help me to choose which one is the easiest to get an A* in?
Thanks - .
Definitely ICT is much easier than Computing any day! But only choose ICT if you really like it though!
username1915455
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Probably ICT, except if you are good with computers/programming, then it would Computing this would make Computing easier for you than ICT. Also consider the fact that Computing is generally more respected (as far as I can tell).
ivybridge
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ICT but it depends on where your skills lie. You may find Computing easy to get one in too but I'd still say ICT is easiest generally.
Mark8346
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At least for Edexcel in 2014, you needed to get at least 87% for an A+ for ICT. I would look at the grade boundaries for both of the subjects for the board you are doing.

You may think of a subject as easy, but then chances are so does everybody else, and so the grade boundary for the A+ ends up being very high.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (5)
55.56%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (2)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (1)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (0)
0%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (0)
0%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (0)
0%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads