Your Favourite Poem/Novel?

Watch
Dylank96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
With schools and universities ending for the summer, I need some new reading.

Firstly, what are some of your favourite poems and/or novels? Secondly, and while you're at it, your favourite poets and/or novelists?

For the former, I must advocate Birdseed Revisited with my favourite poems being far too numbered to mention. Regarding the latter, naturally, my personal favourite is evelyn Waugh and poets include John Donne and W. H. Auden.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well if I'm going to be terribly biased about it, my favourite poet is my dad
Spoiler:
Show

and my favourite novelist is myself :-p
Spoiler:
Show

but if I'm not going to be so terribly biased, I don't really have a favourite poet, and my favourite author is Tom Holt.
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ulster 1912 or Rule Britannia.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My favourite poems are The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe and Tam O'Shanter by Rabbie Burns.
Vlad83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dylank96)
With schools and universities ending for the summer, I need some new reading.

Firstly, what are some of your favourite poems and/or novels? Secondly, and while you're at it, your favourite poets and/or novelists?

For the former, I must advocate Birdseed Revisited with my favourite poems being far too numbered to mention. Regarding the latter, naturally, my personal favourite is evelyn Waugh and poets include John Donne and W. H. Auden.
My own ! LOL...
Seriously... I would say Gum Gam.. or whatever it is properly called; Peter Pan; The Moomins (Mumintroll); The Wizard of Oz (mostly the Soviet / Russian version series of it, by Alexander Volkov, for example The Wizard of the Emerald City - and what follows from there) ; The Lord of the Rings; The Time Machine; Oliver Twist.
My favourite poets / novelists...
James Barrie, JRR Tolkien, Alexander Volkov, Tove Jansson, HG Wells, Mikhail Lermontov, Alexander Pushkin, Vladimir Mayakovskiy.
JXLS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Favourite poem: Ozymandias
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really like Her song by Thomas Hardy (I am a bit in love with the man). It's something you should re-read when you feel like you have wasted time as a reminder that time will fly by and before you know it you won't be "singing" anymore, at least that's my interpretation.
Kanairee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really like 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne, it's up there with my favourites. If you're into classics the Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas is great, or the Princess Bride (abridged version) by William Goldman. I'd also recommend 'Annabel Lee' by Edgar Allan Poe for a good poem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads