How can people listen to screamo music?

Watch
ryzecoa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I don't understand how people can listen to screamo bands such as Metallica and Nirvana, its just noise!
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol how are nirvana or metallica "screamo"?
and people may listen to it because it's energetic and that's a good feeling to have from music because it's exciting -
I'm saying this as a person who used to like that kind of music. I'm not a fan any more but I understand the appeal
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
since when is that screamo music or are u a trollie? xo
ChoccyPhilly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ryzecoa)
I don't understand how people can listen to screamo bands such as Metallica and Nirvana, its just noise!
Well first of all, neither of those bands are "screamo", which is a terrible term to use to begin with.

There's no point saying "it's just noise" the definition of music is not limited to the parameters of verse, chorus, verse structure. Something I get bored of.

Also, you're taking a very one dimensional view of it - kind of like people who assume hip hop is all about talking about money and *****es and whatever. It some in some cases but not all and if you venture past the mainstream crap you will find something interesting.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFc3zyZrJEk
Need2Study4Exam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol

I don't understand how people can listen to screamo bands such as Beethoven and Mozart, its just noise!
ChoccyPhilly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
lol how are nirvana or metallica "screamo"?
and people may listen to it because it's energetic and that's a good feeling to have from music because it's exciting -
I'm saying this as a person who used to like that kind of music. I'm not a fan any more but I understand the appeal
Not even that. It can be equally as diverse as any genre of music, be it intense, energetic, emotional or just something that turns your brain to mush with a wall of sound. You don't just listen to metal because you're angry or whatever.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
Not even that. It can be equally as diverse as any genre of music, be it intense, energetic, emotional or just something that turns your brain to mush with a wall of sound. You don't just listen to metal because you're angry or whatever.
when did I say you should listen to metal when you're angry? I said "energetic"
ChoccyPhilly
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zippity.doodah)
when did I say you should listen to metal when you're angry? I said "energetic"
Ahh my bad, just an example as I hear people say that A LOT. My point is that it's pretty diverse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (4)
11.43%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (10)
28.57%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
8.57%
No, I haven't received any communication (18)
51.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise