The Student Room Group

Is Eggy Bread Healthy?

I'm just wondering if eggy bread (french toast) is healthy because I'm a student and I know that eggs are very very healthy (e.g. scrambled eggs) but I rarely hear people call eggy bread healthy.
So, is eggy bread healthy? Or are the eggs no longer healthy once cooked to make eggy bread.

P.S. the bread used is wholegrain bread
(edited 8 years ago)
Sounds healthy....but I'm not an expert! ...I hope so :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Egg is healthy :smile:
Its not unhealthy but I wouldn't describe it as healthy because of the way it's cooked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emma_Jane
the way it's cooked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What, fried? What's wrong with frying?

You may be labouring under the misconception that dietary fat is bad. This is not true, except for trans fats. Of course, it adds calories, but they aren't bad unless you have too many.
I made no mention of fats of any kind, I simply said that it isn't the healthiest way of cooking things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't matter if it's healthy... It's tasty!
Reply 7
As part of a balanced diet it is perfectly fine.
I made no mention of fats of any kind, I simply said that it isn't the healthiest way of cooking things

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK...so what isn't the healthiest way of of cooking?
Frying things? This isn't even on the topic of what the OP posted...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Frying things? This isn't even on the topic of what the OP posted...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, which is cooking something in heated fat. And that isn't unhealthy, unless you're using trans fats. Make sense now?
Dont have to fry things in anything, ever heard of a non stick frying pan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont have to fry things in anything, ever heard of a non stick frying pan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frying

Frying is the cooking of food in oil or another fat

This is fast descending into stereotypical pointless internet debate, but what exactly do you think is unhealthy about frying? What is a healthier way to cook eggs and bread?
Use coconut oil to fry with which has many benefits and will make even healthier way to cook or use no oil at all a good quality non stick pan on a low heat, I don’t add milk to my mix either just eggs n bread
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by chazwomaq
This is fast descending into stereotypical pointless internet debate, but what exactly do you think is unhealthy about frying? What is a healthier way to cook eggs and bread?

poached egg on toast
egg sandwich
hard-boiled egg with toast

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending