The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
we have 3 weeks study leave. didnt do any revision until the last week...by then it was 2 late :frown:
we just found out we have 2 weeks study leave (I think) with revision study lessons during that time.

Speaking of drugs, no-one I know does them, I used to know a girl who brought dope with her to school

Most people in my year talk about their virginity :eek:
Reply 22
Speaking of drugs, I know a guy who turned up to his English Lit exam stoned, walked out half an hour from the end, and got an A*. Makes you think, doesn't it?

To answer the question, yea we got about 3 weeks study leave.
For GCSEs, I got 10 days before my first exam, but I was quite lucky, becuase there were a lot of my friends who had only 2 days. It depended on your subject choices in our school. For AS, I have no idea.
GerardT
Speaking of drugs, I know a guy who turned up to his English Lit exam stoned, walked out half an hour from the end, and got an A*. Makes you think, doesn't it?

To answer the question, yea we got about 3 weeks study leave.
:rofl: Perhaps it was a creative writing exam? :biggrin:
Social dysfunction seems to be a requisite feature of years 8 and 9. "Cometh the hour, cometh the man".

I can't wait to see the state of old blighty in a couple of years time. Well, hey, their going to need more economists in the next great depression, so it might be slightly advantageous.

Speaking of study leave, as usual we are in the dark in such matters, no suprise really.
Yes we do.
Found out this week that we finish for study leave on Friday 11th May. My first exam is on Tuesday 15th May. Then we have all the time we don't have exams as study leave. Then the last exam for our year is on Friday 22nd June, then the next 2 weeks are reserved for Work Experience, for which we only have to do 1 of the 2 weeks.
Reply 28
I know that we only go back to school for four weeks after Easter. I don't have a clue how long that is for!

We had about 2/3 weeks off during our mocks, and we just had to come in for exams.

I only have about 10 weeks left at school. Dam, how do I meet my targets in such a short time?!?

*realises I can't do any of the English papers yet*
Reply 29
I knew it was a bad idea writing this on a site like TSR where everyone worships school.
Reply 30
for mocks.. had 2 weeks of study leave....
Reply 31
dancingbeth
Well I don't need to worry any more - I am on study leave as of now! Basically for various reasons the doctor, myself and my parents have decided that school is not the best place for me now, much to the school's despair. What can they do about it though? I have finished all my coursework apart from statistics but I know what I need to do and my mum teaches GCSE/ A level Maths and Statistics so I have all the help I can get. I have finished all my work for the exam papers apart from History which I have agreed to go in for, same with Art as I just don't have the materials at home. I am getting tutors in English and German.

So no more school for me :biggrin:

Where are you going to sit the exams?? :s-smilie:
Reply 32
I knew it was a bad idea writing this on a site like TSR where everyone worships school.
Reply 33
GCSE was a bit of a dodgy situation but I think it was 2 weeks.

AS - we finished a week before half-term, and most of the exams were the week school started again, I think, so it was technically 2 weeks, but the first exam for me was the day before half-term, so it was a little less than a week.

Study leave is deffo important! If you're at school until you have your exams you have no time to do any proper revision. I'd just skive if we didn't get any before the summer exams!
Reply 34
Last year when I did my exams, my school broke up on the 19th of may, which was the friday before the first written exams started in my school on monday the 22nd of May. It wasn't long enough, but the school expected us to do revision at home anyways, and expected that we did it from just after christmas, which annoyed me because all we were doing in class at this time were past exam papers over and over again - the same papers though:mad: This also didn't help when I kept on getting the same questions wrong, and when I would ask the teacher for help, they'd say "look through your notes". Nonetheless, I don't think I did 'bad' by any means at all. However, study leave would have got me a grade up in lots of subjects had they let those of us who wanted to do well have it about 2-3 weeks before the exams.
Reply 35

No study leave for us. but once the exam period starts there are no lessons for us except for turning up for exams. In the past GCSE people got 2 weeks to prepare, but some people just slacked off so we dont get it anymore.
Reply 36
We had study leave for the entire exam period.
Reply 37
dancingbeth

Ok, people really do get ratty on this site, I have just recieved negative rep whatever that is for that comment. I was just in a bad mood at that time after having problems in that past week but hey, whatever :mad:
Reply 38
It depends which parts of TSR you use. Avoid D+D IMO - scary place :s-smilie:
I know I sound really stupid asking this, but what is study leave? I've heard that we are probab;y not gong to get it, but I don't actually know what it is... :redface:

Latest