The Student Room Group

When was the last time you had a good day?

About a week ago (:giggle:) someone said that just once it'd be nice if when they ask me "how are you?", I give a positive answer instead of "kinda crappy tbh" or "today was okay I guess".

My days are usually full of not really doing anything and me being moody/bored/tired/self-pitying, but for the first time in a really long time I had what you could actually call a good day.

I suppose these two things combined have inspired this thread.

So, do you have good days often?
Or are your days just fleeting pieces of grey as though you're being smothered with an old knitted blanket - desperately thrashing your way out into the vividness of life but gradually becoming weaker and your efforts more effortless due to being starved of oxygen and stimulation?

For the first time in forever (:grin:) I had a day that I thoroughly enjoyed, giving me hope for the future and just making me accept life and who I am and who I could be and all of that everything.

Are these days normal for you?

When people ask "how was your day?", how do you reply and is that reply completely honest? A lot of people say "Okay I guess, you?" or "Fine thanks", and that's good enough for them.
But if you kept a record of your answers to look through, and you see rating of the days you've had and for hundreds in a row it's just "Okay" or just "Fine", how would you feel? Because it's only with this good day that I realised how crappy it is to just be 'okay'.
Im not sure anymore..
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by FullOfDreams
Im not sure anymore..

To quote yourself, "Man the phuck up".

To quote myself...that really sucks :c do you want to talk about it?
Original post by louieee
To quote yourself, "Man the phuck up".
To quote myself...that really sucks :c do you want to talk about it?

No thank you. I'd rather not
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Only @Maid Marian can make a day good. Every time she posts, it's like a miracle come true. :adore:
Reply 5
Original post by $100Bill
Only @Maid Marian can make a day good. Every time she posts, it's like a miracle come true. :adore:

same xx
Whenever somebody ask me how I am or how my day is my typical response is "fabulous" or "amazing" - although I'm pretty honest so if I'm exhausted or dying from revision then I will say so. Also, whenever somebody responds with just "fine" I usually follow it up with a "why not amazing?" :lol:

I'd say generally I have reasonably good days, I don't think it takes much to make a day good.
Every day is a great day for me.
Yesterday. Fiance and I almost kind of decided that we're going to elope. :mmm:
Reply 9
Original post by $100Bill

true, she doesn't like me though
Reply 10
Original post by manic_fuzz
Whenever somebody ask me how I am or how my day is my typical response is "fabulous" or "amazing" - although I'm pretty honest so if I'm exhausted or dying from revision then I will say so. Also, whenever somebody responds with just "fine" I usually follow it up with a "why not amazing?" :lol:
I'd say generally I have reasonably good days, I don't think it takes much to make a day good.

Original post by Liquid Harvest
Every day is a great day for me.

I envy your positivity so much :P

Original post by greennugget
I had a really crap first year at uni, so I'm not too sure. But the past month I've been nice an relaxed, but also somewhat productive.
Tuesday was definitely a good day. I went to see my friend and we did aerial in a lovely sunny field. :smile:

Aww that's good, that things seem to be getting better :3

Original post by Vixen47
Yesterday. Fiance and I almost kind of decided that we're going to elope. :mmm:

Omfggggg!!!!!!!!!! :')
Original post by louieee
I envy your positivity so much :P

The way I see it, every day is a celebration when you have good health, good food, good music and good people in your life.
Reply 12
The way I see it, every day is a celebration when you have good health, good food, good music and good people in your life.

What about all the bad things though? Do you just ignore them?
Reply 13
My aikido teacher was presented last month with a shodo (Japanese calligraphy) writing that said, "every day is a good day." I think it might be a zen koan. I think it's a good philosophy to hold.
Original post by louieee
What about all the bad things though? Do you just ignore them?

In my view, the good outweighs the bad. I'm lucky to have led an easy life and I must thank God for that, there are people out there who are suffering. We can't ignore problems and difficulties, but I must be happy to still be standing strong in good health and to be part of a family who will do absolutely anything for me, that must make up for all the bad things and shortcomings, I've accepted those bad things and I try (not always successfully) to live around them. This is just my philosophy.
Reply 16
In my view, the good outweighs the bad. I'm lucky to have led an easy life and I must thank God for that, there are people out there who are suffering. We can't ignore problems and difficulties, but I must be happy to still be standing strong in good health and to be part of a family who will do absolutely anything for me, that must make up for all the bad things and shortcomings, I've accepted those bad things and I try (not always successfully) to live around them. This is just my philosophy.

That's a good perspective to have, congrats :^_^:
Monday.
Today :u:.

Original post by meenu89
May 7th stands out for some reason, probably because TSRs worst kinghtmare came true.

You must live an exciting life.

Quick Reply

Latest