The Student Room Group

What do I do with my time now that A-levels are over?

So over exams I was getting all excited about things I'd be able to do when they are all over. My exams have been over for just longer than 2 weeks and I feel like I have nothing to do in the day. In the evening I tend to go out and socialize etc. which is great. But in the daytime I move from one task to another aimlessly...I can't seem to decide on one thing to do. I want to play videogames but I can't find the charger for my DS, our Wii remote has no batteries and my computer overheats and switches off whenever I try. I can't focus on TV shows, and I've not even attempted to watch a film. I'll read a page of a book and lose interest. I tried to start learning to play guitar again but the guitar I have is broken and can't stay in tune for more than a minute. I've tried writing but I write on my laptop, which overheats so my hands get hot and I have to take a break. I don't have much money and what I do have I want to save to go out with friends. I'm so frustrated and bored and I don't know what to do!

Any suggestions??
Are you into any art and crafts? I did a few crochet projects and sewed a coat while listening to podcasts over the summer.

Also, hula hooping. Something like that - like a circus skill things like poi or juggling too. Start with something simple and learn lots of tricks! There's lots of how tos on youtube!
read something? learn a new skill?
Reply 3
sleep
Reply 4
Original post by thealrightgatsby

Why not do a summer bucket list? There's a competition here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3421189 that you might be interested in- have a look at other people's ideas and see if you want to do any of them :tongue:
Reply 5
sleep and watch films like i do xD
my laptop gets really hot but i'm used to it

you could go to the gym if you have enough money- you will pass a lot of time without noticing it
Reply 6
Original post by thealrightgatsby
So over exams I was getting all excited about things I'd be able to do when they are all over. My exams have been over for just longer than 2 weeks and I feel like I have nothing to do in the day. In the evening I tend to go out and socialize etc. which is great. But in the daytime I move from one task to another aimlessly...I can't seem to decide on one thing to do. I want to play videogames but I can't find the charger for my DS, our Wii remote has no batteries and my computer overheats and switches off whenever I try. I can't focus on TV shows, and I've not even attempted to watch a film. I'll read a page of a book and lose interest. I tried to start learning to play guitar again but the guitar I have is broken and can't stay in tune for more than a minute. I've tried writing but I write on my laptop, which overheats so my hands get hot and I have to take a break. I don't have much money and what I do have I want to save to go out with friends. I'm so frustrated and bored and I don't know what to do!

Any suggestions??

Get a part-time job!

Quick Reply

Latest