The Student Room Group

Alton Towers: More technical failures

Alton Towers was subject to more technical issues yesterday, after not only having the monorail breakdown, leaving 80 people stuck, but also the rollercoaster Air failed mid-ride, stranding dozens of people on the ride.

Whilst these aren't on the same level as the Smiler incident, so soon after the accident last month, how do you think this will affect the theme park's reputation?
How is this news? This kind of thing happens every day at every theme park in the world. I got stuck on Nemesis for 10 minutes last time I went to Alton Towers and I didn't care at all.

This isn't going to affect their reputation one bit, people who go to theme parks know that the rides breakdown. The Smiler accident will, because people got injured but that's different.

The Daily Mirror have been waging a hate campaign against Alton Towers since the Smiler accident and they look for any little thing to revive the story and get more clicks despite the victims just wanting to be left alone. The suspected reasoning is because their rivals (The Sun) have a marketing contract with Merlin.
Reply 2
As above, this is a daily occurrence at theme parks. Just search roller coaster break downs and you'll have loads of examples, including many of The Smiler before last month's accident which didn't make the news.

Edit: As an aside, a lot of the 'break downs' are caused by idiots on the ride itself
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest