The Student Room Group

"so i gave him/her another chance."

I've noticed a lot of people I know often disagree when their friends or family members get back together with their exes. I personally found it frustrating as I would listen to the constant arguments with me saying "they're exes for a reason"
but recently, my mind has changed a little about this, I would want to know why so many people disagree when getting back together with someone.
Original post by maryamzahid
I've noticed a lot of people I know often disagree when their friends or family members get back together with their exes. I personally found it frustrating as I would listen to the constant arguments with me saying "they're exes for a reason"
but recently, my mind has changed a little about this, I would want to know why so many people disagree when getting back together with someone.

I think you've answered your own question, there.

Friends and family just want their loved one to be happy and if the impression they've been given is that this ex has put you through misery and made you unhappy, they would obviously take up a position which would seem to be most beneficial and ensure the exclusion of the unhappiness (eg. The ex).

What's brought about the change in your thinking, anyhow? Are you considering taking back an ex yourself?
Original post by Waitingforgoulet
I think you've answered your own question, there.
Friends and family just want their loved one to be happy and if the impression they've been given is that this ex has put you through misery and made you unhappy, they would obviously take up a position which would seem to be most beneficial and ensure the exclusion of the unhappiness (eg. The ex).
What's brought about the change in your thinking, anyhow? Are you considering taking back an ex yourself?

perhaps I just did! just interesting to know what others think of it too, and slightly, I just saw first hand a relationship that was on the rocks get fixed and it changed my perception of it. perhaps people should be a little more encouraging about it? :smile:
Exes should remain exes forever unless the break up was for reasons that were out of their control, eg distance, financial, family.
Original post by Liquid Harvest
Exes should remain exes forever unless the break up was for reasons that were out of their control, eg distance, financial, family.

why do you think that? :smile:
Original post by maryamzahid
why do you think that? :smile:

Because some problems can never be fixed. They may be swept underneath the rug and they may lie there for weeks, months, even years, but only to resurface at a later stage and destroy the relationship once again. It's not possible for two people to put aside their differences and ignore the past when they love each other or share a strong emotional attachment. The past always determines the future, some mistakes and problems will have a lasting impact.
Because some problems can never be fixed. They may be swept underneath the rug and they may lie there for weeks, months, even years, but only to resurface at a later stage and destroy the relationship once again. It's not possible for two people to put aside their differences and ignore the past when they love each other or share a strong emotional attachment. The past always determines the future, some mistakes and problems will have a lasting impact.

Fair enough, I agree with the whole past thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exes should remain exes forever unless the break up was for reasons that were out of their control, eg distance, financial, family, prison etc.

I agree. Even when you have kids, its better to split than constantly argue in front of them. I dont believe that schite about sticking together for the kids, splitting up doesnt make someone a bad parent.
Original post by Laomedeia
I agree. Even when you have kids, its better to split than constantly argue in front of them. I dont believe that schite about sticking together for the kids, splitting up doesnt make someone a bad parent.

I agree as my own parents are crazy together and have caused a lot of problems for us children

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending