The Student Room Group

The use of vulgar language in regard to all forms of sexual inercourse

Am I the only one who finds the language that people use in regards to vaginal/anal/oral intercourse to be disgusting?

"I f'd my girlfriend"

That sounds like she's a piece of meat! =( That sounds like you don't care about her... =( It sounds so sick! You should love your girlfriend not ....her!

I don't want to give any more examples as just thinking about them makes me feel uneasy....

What's wrong with people? Don't they feel sick using such language?

Penis vagina, labia, scrotum and semen are not "dirty" words to use they're a lot cleaner then the words that people use...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Am I the only one who finds the language that people use in regards to vaginal/anal/oral intercourse to be disgusting?

"I f'd my girlfriend"

That sounds like she's a piece of meat! =( That sounds like you don't care about her... =( It sounds so sick! You should love your girlfriend not ....her!

I don't want to give any more examples as just thinking about them makes me feel uneasy....

Penis vagina, labia, scrotum and semen are not "dirty" words to use they're a lot cleaner then the words that people use...

How is using sexual slang any more objectifying than using the formal terms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello I am an American student wanting to transfer to a UK university. My course of study is accounting and finance and my gpa is 2.5. So I have a chance of getting accepted to Kingston university. Second year transfer if not first year is fine as well
Original post by RobML
How is using sexual slang any more objectifying than using the formal terms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no sign of love in the sentence.
Reply 4

I don't see how saying "penis" instead of "cock" is anymore loving...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't find it vulgar or disgusting. I use all of those words, I like to make the girl feel dirty and slutty anyway.

"I f'd my girlfriend"

Please stop with the stupid threads.

I've never thought of the word blowjob as disgusting. Its blow + job.. Eating out is something one says for eating a restaurant, why is it disgusting when it comes to oral sex? Fingering someone isn't exactly a disgusting term either, its turning a noun (which happens to be one of our body parts) into a verb. I could go on but you should have gotten the point by now.

We're all pieces of meat, just with brains and consequently emotions etc. It only sounds as sick as you make it out to be, what word would you rather use than ****? Fornicate? Have sexual intercourse with? Engage in coitus with? They sound a lot more caring, right? :rolleyes:

Look up the origins of swear words and you'll realise that meanings change - thus the words themselves are as 'clean' as penis/vagina/labia/etc. are.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Depends. I wouldn't want some randomer saying 'I'd love to **** her' as it's just degrading and shows a complete lack of respect for me as a person. Although tbh that makes me uncomfortable no matter how it is said.

I wouldn't mind the person I was dating saying it to /me/, but I'd rather them talk about me politely to friends, or, like, not at all.

On the other hand, in a bedroom scenario, I love vulgar language. I love being degraded and humiliated, providing I've consented to it first.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Liquid Harvest
I don't find it vulgar or disgusting. I use all of those words, I like to make the girl feel dirty and slutty anyway.

Ew...
The s word is a very bad word. It can be quite offensive to a lot of women. That word should be censored.
Original post by localblackguy
Please stop with the stupid threads.

I've never thought of the word blowjob as disgusting. Its blow + job.. Eating out is something one says for eating a restaurant, why is it disgusting when it comes to oral sex? Fingering someone isn't exactly a disgusting term either, its turning a noun (which happens to be one of our body parts) into a verb. I could go on but you should have gotten the point by now.

We're all pieces of meat, just with brains and consequently emotions etc. It only sounds as sick as you make it out to be, what word would you rather use than ****? Fornicate? Have sexual intercourse with? Engage in coitus with? They sound a lot more caring, right? :rolleyes:

Look up the origins of swear words and you'll realise that meanings change - thus the words themselves are as 'clean' as penis/vagina/labia/etc. are.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

How we feel and respond to certain words is purely subjective.
They're just words.
You can choose how to respond to them- This is why some people on this thread don't find those words offensive
Ew...
The s word is a very bad word. It can be quite offensive to a lot of women. That word should be censored.

It's not a bad word. I use these words with strict discretion irl, only with certain types of girls. I wouldn't just randomly tell a girl she's a slut unless I know that she is, they don't take offence from it. Although one time, I tried to convince a girl that she's a slut but she got a bit upset.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's not a bad word. I use these words with strict discretion irl, only with certain types of girls. I wouldn't just randomly tell a girl she's a slut unless I know that she is, they don't take offence from it.

I personally think that no female should be ever called that term, it's very degrading, it's like the w word.
Reply 12
Ew...

You choose to take offense. You always have the choice, and I suggest you don't take it.

Instead, realise that they are just words with connotations which you yourself decipher and attribute negative meaning to.

For some people, they are mere synonyms to the formal terminology, and there is nothing wrong with using them. If you think otherwise, fine, don't use them—but don't complain when other people do differently.

You might find yourself a lot less hot and bothered about trivialities such as this if you had some proper perspective.
I personally think that no female should be ever called that term, it's very degrading, it's like the w word.

That's not true, because a lot of girls are sluts and they need to be told, and they often won't take offence from it. I would never say it just to anyone at random. It's not degrading if it's true.
That's not true, because a lot of girls are sluts and they need to be told, and they often won't take offence from it. I would never say it just to anyone at random. It's not degrading if it's true.

No, you don't need to tell them, you should accpet that that's how/who they are. They shouldn't be insulted.

'It's not degrading if it's true'

May I ask, who determines the truth from your perspective?
Reply 16
"I f'd my girlfriend"

Are you trying to break the record of pointless threads set by Damoni?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17

I had intercourse with my girlfriend, I can feel the emotion reading it back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oscar.
I had intercourse with my girlfriend, I can feel the emotion reading it back

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so much better.
This guy is so cute rofl

No homo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending