The Student Room Group

Nursing Study Path - Help

I had planned to take an Access to HE course in Health/Nursing in 2015, but I've just found out my local college has somehow messed up my application, the courses are now full and have massive reserve lists and I haven't even had a chance to interview yet.... I'm trying to contact other colleges within 50 miles or so, but I'm finding that everywhere is full...
Not sure what action I can take with the college as they don't seem to want to engage with me on the subject at all (basically ignoring my emails and no help at all on the phone), despite this being their fault.

Does anyone have any experience of other study routes to get onto a Nursing degree, is there a GNVQ or experience related route if i can't sort out a place on an Access course this year?

I'm 36 and have worked as an accountant for 5 years until late 2014, when i decided i wanted a career change, I have an engineering degree and HND but obviously from 15 or so years ago.

Any help appreciated, even what experience i should try and get before applying again next year
I m afraid nursing is degree only so apart from access course you could try fast tracking another level 3 qualification ( not sure if the funding with that) or you could do a distance learning access course online instead ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending