The Wimbledon 2015 Chat Thread *Life on Murray Mound*

Watch
Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
With some big news in Wimbledon already happening (Nadal is out!), we thought it would only be appropriate to discuss all things Wimbledon here!

Get involved with the chat!

Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Djokovic to win the men's.
Kvitova to win the women's.
DaKoolguy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gutted for nadal I'm such a die hard fan of his. So hard seeing him like this. Who is it fav player? And personally I want ku rhinos to win this Wimbledon just coz he's a cool guy and good player 😀
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Heather is playing very well at the moment, hopefully she can keep this up for the rest of the match!
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Shame for Heather, but she gave it her all.

She was tenacious and brave, but Serena is a cut above the majority of other female competitors.
Everglow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Shame for Heather, but she gave it her all.
She was tenacious and brave, but Serena is a cut above the majority of other female competitors.
The majority? All.

Also, I'll stick to calling it Henman Hill. Can't stand Andy Murray.
lustawny
Badges: 6
Report 5 years ago
When Andy Murray is performing badly at Wimbledon, I like to call it 'Murray Molehill'.
lustawny
Report 5 years ago
Anybody watching the James Ward match that's on right now?
Sacred Ground
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Please get Djokovic and Williams out as soon as possible! I can't stand the pair of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
RD208
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With Kvitova and Halep gone, the bottom half of the womens' draw is wide open.

If Radwanska beats Jankovic, and I think she will, she will make the semis at least in my opinion. However Keys and Bacsinszky are dangerous players, and Wozniacki is the highest ranked player in the bottom half of the draw now. Wozniacki or Radwanska are probably most likely to make the final.

Serena Williams is going to have a really tough run to the final. She plays her sister next, then potentially Azarenka in the QFs, then Sharapova. If she makes the final she will win it, but I can't see her getting there in honesty.
lustawny
Report 5 years ago
James Ward is out :sad:
Everglow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RD208)
With Kvitova and Halep gone, the bottom half of the womens' draw is wide open.
If Radwanska beats Jankovic, and I think she will, she will make the semis at least in my opinion. However Keys and Bacsinszky are dangerous players, and Wozniacki is the highest ranked player in the bottom half of the draw now. Wozniacki or Radwanska are probably most likely to make the final.
Serena Williams is going to have a really tough run to the final. She plays her sister next, then potentially Azarenka in the QFs, then Sharapova. If she makes the final she will win it, but I can't see her getting there in honesty.
Why not? Serena is a class above the others, even if she has a tough run. There's a reason she's continually the number one seed despite the fact she doesn't play in as many tournaments as most other players.
lustawny
Report 5 years ago
Uh oh, Murray's injured.
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Federer is amazing imo
He should win wimbledon again
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lustawny)
Anybody watching the James Ward match that's on right now?
Hew played well but chocked a bit in the 4th which cost him

Turned off Murray halfway through the second set seeing an easy win, looks more competitive now although Seppi's serve is rubbish.
lustawny
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Hew played well but chocked a bit in the 4th which cost him
Yeah, I really wanted to see him win, because he was putting up such a good fight and was actually 2-1 up at one stage. I think he should be proud of his overall performance in this year's tournament, though.
RD208
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reluire)
Why not? Serena is a class above the others, even if she has a tough run. There's a reason she's continually the number one seed despite the fact she doesn't play in as many tournaments as most other players.
I just think on current form she is vulnerable and all her opponents are experienced big match players.

In the French Open her toughest match was against Azarenka when she was a set and break down but managed to pull through. 5 of her matches went to 3 sets and she didn't even play a top 10 player.
GrandMasti
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Federer to win the men's title
TheMagicRat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The commentator (not Fleming) on the Monfils-Simon match is really annoying.
Zander01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reluire)
The majority? All.
Also, I'll stick to calling it Henman Hill. Can't stand Andy Murray.
Henman is the biggest loser ever
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (834)
42.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.42%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.54%

Watched Threads