Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the grade boundaries for AS Level history OCR exam board (im after the raw scores for the UMS not the UMS) OCR r very poor at their exam support on the site...

Thnx

ReputationRep:
    For document studies:

97/120 = A

87/120 = B

72/120 = C

59/120 = D

For essay questions:

36/45 = A

32/45 = B

27/45 = C

23/45 = D

Roughly....

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be pedantic, but those aren't exact grade (as in letter) boundaries. OCR History is marked in terms of bands, which go from 1 down to about 8. If you're in band 1 it's likely you'll get an A, however, OCR look at the raw marks for the entire country and then work out the actual letter boundaries. So, for example, on an essay question you may require a mid band 1 (eg 39) to get an A, or you might manage it with a high band 2 (eg 34)

As a rule of thumb, however, the numbers you've given are fine. They're just not a hard and fast rule.

ReputationRep:
    OMG!! thats realli hard to get for the documents i scored 79/120.... isnt there the real raw marks for the ums out somewhere all the other exam boards display theirs except for ocr( i know with AQA its roughly 70-75% for an A then agen i dnt know

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but don't forget that it's 50% of your as and 50% of your a2 so it averages out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_manc)
    Yeah but don't forget that it's 50% of your as and 50% of your a2 so it averages out

i didnt get the relevance of that comment wer jst chattin about the grade boundaries at AS level...i wud ave thought at A2 they wud b higher cos of the filtration of failing candidates at AS level...

ReputationRep:
    ocr are very nice to me in history, twice they have awarded me full raw marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)

really? im realli concernd:s im my class no 1 got an A grade overall i dunno how the standards r and im gettin worried...im learning all the syllabus in 3days now lol

im realli worried about the document paper....our teacher never gives over 48/60 for question 3 lol and the heighest for question 2 was 30/40 worrying indeed

(btw i go to woodhouse college...mabbe the teachers ther r jst stingy....someone shed some light lol)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be pedantic, but those aren't exact grade (as in letter) boundaries. OCR History is marked in terms of bands, which go from 1 down to about 8. If you're in band 1 it's likely you'll get an A, however, OCR look at the raw marks for the entire country and then work out the actual letter boundaries. So, for example, on an essay question you may require a mid band 1 (eg 39) to get an A, or you might manage it with a high band 2 (eg 34)
    That's why I said roughly.

I hate these papers...they test you so much on how you answer the question and so little on how much you actually know...it's so stressful trying to revise...

ReputationRep:
    I have NEVER revised the entire syllabus for History. The key to success is selective focussed revision. One AS resit I am doing for history is the Germany essay paper.
    See the table below.

Date Essay 1 Essay 2
    June 01 Weaknesses of Nazis in 1920’s Economic policies 33 -39
    Jan 02 Weimar ‘Golden Years’ Maintenance of power 33 - 39
    June 02 Rise of Hitler 28 - 33 Maintenance of power 33 – 39
    Jan 03 Rise of Nazi party 28 - 33 Economic policy 33 - 39
    June 03 Early Weimar Maintenance of power 33 - 39
    Jan 04 Late Weimar Maintenance of power 33 - 39

June 04 Weaknesses of Nazis in 1920’s Economic policy 33 - 39

Certain observations can be made. Essay 1 is always on a topic pre 1933 and essay 2 is always on a topic post 1933. What appears likely for essay 1 is Weaknesses of Nazis in 1920’s as it hasnt been tested since June 2001. The second essay looks iffy, but most likely will be Economic policy.

I am ONLY revising 'Economic policy', if it doesnt come up, i still have 70/90 (B ) for this module and I will still get a grade B for my history A level overall. If it does come up, I know it inside out, hence a possible 90/90.

ReputationRep:
    yeh but this my first year at ocr history as and i need an A grade so i havent got much back fall as i havent dne a single module yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)

I am ONLY revising 'Economic policy', if it doesnt come up, i still have 70/90 (B ) for this module and I will still get a grade B for my history A level overall. If it does come up, I know it inside out, hence a possible 90/90.

You're fecked, mate. Edexcel tricked us in the Stalin AS paper by doing culture (one of the smallest topics) two papers in a row, and they've never covered the Purges (one of the bigger topics).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    You're fecked, mate. Edexcel tricked us in the Stalin AS paper by doing culture (one of the smallest topics) two papers in a row, and they've never covered the Purges (one of the bigger topics).

lol....dnt remind me of edexcel history...i did it for gcse for the first world war topic dey askd us about the uboats and **** like that lol wasnt even in the textbook or nethin onli 1/2 references to it (it was the source paper so they must ave been testing pureli source inference skills and technique) :P o wel

ReputationRep:
    ive tried this method before and iv scored full raw marks twice by doing it. could happen again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manps)
    Lucky you. They hate me. I got a C in Jan!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.