krishugh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Would it be worth studying abroad as I currently live in england but i am from latvia and im thinking about studying in my home country at a university within riga but i dont know whether it would be worth it...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by krishugh)
Would it be worth studying abroad as I currently live in england but i am from latvia and im thinking about studying in my home country at a university within riga but i dont know whether it would be worth it...
Well, what do you mean by "worth it"? What's deterring you from Latvian med school?
krishugh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Finance really...
(Original post by 9910224)
Well, what do you mean by "worth it"? What's deterring you from Latvian med school?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by krishugh)
Finance really...
Looked up Riga Stradins and it's 10k EUR a year for 6 years. It's technically cheaper than medical education here, but I guess they wouldn't have student finance over there like we do...

I guess it does depend on whether you can find a way to pay the 10,000 EUR up front every year.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 9910224)
Looked up Riga Stradins and it's 10k EUR a year for 6 years. It's technically cheaper than medical education here, but I guess they wouldn't have student finance over there like we do...

I guess it does depend on whether you can find a way to pay the 10,000 EUR up front every year.
I assume that's for the English language course, though, right? It would depend whether the OP was thinking of studying in English or Latvian, and also whether the rules for Latvian student finance support might extend to cover the OP somehow if they were to go and study there.
archa04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I've been looking at RSU aswell as I'm from Latvia too, and the overall cost is lower than here in the UK. Is there no way of getting student finance from England and studying in Latvia? Or taking out student loans? Paying upfront will probably make me reconsider applying, and I would absolutely love to study medicine there!
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by a.brilta)
Hey, I've been looking at RSU aswell as I'm from Latvia too, and the overall cost is lower than here in the UK. Is there no way of getting student finance from England and studying in Latvia? Or taking out student loans? Paying upfront will probably make me reconsider applying, and I would absolutely love to study medicine there!
You can't take Student Finance support from the UK abroad (except for a semester/year abroad etc).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
15.93%
I'm not sure (8)
2.71%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (101)
34.24%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.36%
I'm not a current university student (135)
45.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed