Turn on thread page Beta

Love vs uni! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    you reduced your lover to a bumbling wreck, lol, love doesn't exist only selfish and weird obbsession
    Do you have anything useful to add to the thread or are you just trying to annoy people?

ReputationRep:
    'AWWWWW DIDDUMS' is the phrase most necessary here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I think he is! I just don't let him know that too much . I think he is making a big commitment by moving to be with me and he's been there for me a lot in the past. I really hope it works for you. I want to be updated with all the goss!
    Same with you, I definitely want to know how you get on! But you both sound so committed and fingers crossed it'll all be wonderful - I really wish you both all the happiness in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hehe, I so know what you mean! Met my bf when I was 16 and loving being single and having the time of my life - never ever dreamed it would lead to this...! I always just assumed I wouldn't have a long-term relationship til uni
    Same here! Enjoy the having men attracted to you, but don't do it! You'll realise thata ll you miss is physical intimacy (not just in THAT way)!

ReputationRep:
    Havent you got some deciding of political affilliation to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Do you have anything useful to add to the thread
    yes i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Our relationship has changed in a really good way because of it. I was starting to feel like I was just being dependent because I thought noone else would ever have me and that changed. So, I know it sound silly but all the temptation and worrying what he was doing has actually made us both chill out loads and not be jealous. It's nice to have a not-so-intense relationship. I feel it's more "grown up" now.
    Ahh, you've really given me a confidence boost. That's exactly what our relationship could do with. It's lovely to know that, instead of all the horror stories about uni relationships, there are some out there which have actually changed for the better I'm really happy for you both and thanks so much for the encouragement blissy.

ReputationRep:
    it's sad that you've never been in love - i hope you experience it one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Same here! Enjoy the having men attracted to you, but don't do it! You'll realise thata ll you miss is physical intimacy (not just in THAT way)!
    Dont say that. I dread the thought of other guys coming on to my girlfriend. Really, really, really dread it. Infact it makes me quite sick!!

Its annoyin the way that guys have no respect for when they know a girl is 'take' (for want of a better word).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    it's sad that you've never been in love - i hope you experience it one day

haha - how do you know i've never?

ReputationRep:
    it's obvious

ReputationRep:
    Ya i never thought i would have a long tern relationship before university but suprisingly enough i got a wonderul girl that im falling for. Too bad im going to university this year and she wont be for one more but luckily i got into schulich so i can stay in Toronto and live at home right by her. I am sure it will work out

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you've really given me a confidence boost. That's exactly what our relationship could do with. It's lovely to know that, instead of all the horror stories about uni relationships, there are some out there which have actually changed for the better I'm really happy for you both and thanks so much for the encouragement blissy.
    Yeah. Maybe it's the same for you, but before I went to uni I always thought it would be awful not sharing every part of each other's lives but now I realise it makes it so much better

And don't worry about people coming onto your gf - I bet she loves it but won't do anything about it!

ReputationRep:
    Because love is something between two people. While it is quite obvious you're love starved, I cant think of any female (or male) who would be so starved of love to pledge their affection to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    it's obvious
    Lmao is it the bitterness or the sarcasm that told you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Dont say that. I dread the thought of other guys coming on to my girlfriend. Really, really, really dread it. Infact it makes me quite sick!!

Its annoyin the way that guys have no respect for when they know a girl is 'take' (for want of a better word).
    Try not to worry about it The guys that don't respect it just make themselves look pathetic. I go out with friends without my bf now and wouldn't ever consider straying just because I got approached, and that won't change at uni - and I'm sure your girlfriend is the same way. Annoying, personality-deficient guys who don't want to take no for an answer seem clingy and desperate and always make me remember how lucky I am to have a great bf back home!

That said, if a girl ever chats up my bf I reserve the right to kill her

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I so know what you mean! Met my bf when I was 16 and loving being single and having the time of my life - never ever dreamed it would lead to this...! I always just assumed I wouldn't have a long-term relationship til uni
    i'm like that

i was with someone last year who i expected to go to uni with. we split up, i was devastated.

met this new guy a few months later, we had a laugh together and he really made me smile again and when he asked me out i said yes cos i thought it would be a great lighthearted thing to keep me amused for a while (cynical i know). now it's 4 months later (not long i know) but i honestly am obsessed with the guy, i've never been this relaxed or honest with anyone and i honestly am dreading not being able to see him and hug him every day.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Because love is something between two people. While it is quite obvious you're love starved, I cant think of any female (or male) who would be so starved of love to pledge their affection to you.

hahah, your banal infactuations are clouding you judgement, and the nature of your personal attacks upon me are obviously a problem,

love once did pass its infulence upon me once, but i saw the light

ReputationRep:

I don't like it when girls/guys come on to my bf (he appeals to both :rolleyes: ) but part of me thinks "ooooo, he's such a fox!" Look at him, being all looked at and he chooses ME!

ReputationRep:
    Try not to worry about it The guys that don't respect it just make themselves look pathetic. I go out with friends without my bf now and wouldn't ever consider straying just because I got approached, and that won't change at uni - and I'm sure your girlfriend is the same way. Annoying, personality-deficient guys who don't want to take no for an answer seem clingy and desperate and always make me remember how lucky I am to have a great bf back home!

That said, if a girl ever chats up my bf I reserve the right to kill her
    I always end up telling my bf if i get approached by a guy, we usually end up laughing about it he's not the jealous type. But like someone else said, other girlies better keep their hands off!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.