Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i'm like that

i was with someone last year who i expected to go to uni with. we split up, i was devastated.

met this new guy a few months later, we had a laugh together and he really made me smile again and when he asked me out i said yes cos i thought it would be a great lighthearted thing to keep me amused for a while (cynical i know). now it's 4 months later (not long i know) but i honestly am obsessed with the guy, i've never been this relaxed or honest with anyone and i honestly am dreading not being able to see him and hug him every day.

lou xxx
    It's funny, after a couple of months with my boyfriend I knew we were in it for the long haul too. Sometimes you can just tell And the most amazing people often seem to appear in your life when you're not looking for somebody...
    We'll just all have to come on UKL and sympathise with each other when we're pining over our distant bfs/gfs!

ReputationRep:
    i'm like that

now it's 4 months later (not long i know) but i honestly am obsessed with the guy, i've never been this relaxed or honest with anyone and i honestly am dreading not being able to see him and hug him every day.

lou xxx
    I dont think the fact that its only been four months matters that much. My brother had only been going out with his gf for 3 months before uni - 5 years later they were still together (OK, they've split up now, but hey...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I don't like it when girls/guys come on to my bf (he appeals to both :rolleyes: ) but part of me thinks "ooooo, he's such a fox!" Look at him, being all looked at and he chooses ME!
    Hehe, I know that feeling too! When girls come up to him when we're out or he tells me he got chatted up there's part of me thinking "Wow, he's gorgeous, he could have these all girls but he's chosen me..." whilst the other part is just chanting "Die! Die! Die!" and plotting to remove the competition Kill Bill stylee...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hehe, I know that feeling too! When girls come up to him when we're out or he tells me he got chatted up there's part of me thinking "Wow, he's gorgeous, he could have these all girls but he's chosen me..." whilst the other part is just chanting "Die! Die! Die!" and plotting to remove the competition Kill Bill stylee...
    My gf doesnt quite react like that. When I bumped into an old female friend of mine and went for lunch with her in town, she told me how insanely jealous she was. I thought that was quite sweet actually!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's funny, after a couple of months with my boyfriend I knew we were in it for the long haul too. Sometimes you can just tell And the most amazing people often seem to appear in your life when you're not looking for somebody...
    We'll just all have to come on UKL and sympathise with each other when we're pining over our distant bfs/gfs!
    but it's very scary! i really never expected to be this dependent on any person ever.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    My college mum said "my friend saw you the other day with *blank* and she said... 'blissy's boyfriend is really HOT!'"
    I take much pride in that story.

ReputationRep:
    but it's very scary! i really never expected to be this dependent on any person ever.

lou xxx
    I used to pride myself on my "carefree, single and I dont give a toss" image. However, I know feel like such a hypocrite...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    My college mum said "my friend saw you the other day with *blank* and she said... 'blissy's boyfriend is really HOT!'"
    I take much pride in that story.
    lol, my bf came into work the other day to take me out to lunch + when i got back the girl i work with said 'wow he's as fit as f***'... not the best compliment but made me smile. he's mine keep your hands off him jealous girlies *mwuhahahaha*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Been in same class for 4 years with him now. He is going to same uni as me and doing same course ahhh

ReputationRep:
    do you love yourself or you partner more?

ReputationRep:
    And the most amazing people often seem to appear in your life when you're not looking for somebody...
    I can't tell you how true that is! All my best friends and bf etc I came across "by chance". When I'm lonely and try and meet someone new I have never been able to find anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    Is that a general question? If it is, then generally i'd say i love him more. But thats because i have my own issues. Yes i love him more. Most of the time..

ReputationRep:
    Keep your self-loving to, ermm, yourself.

ReputationRep:
    i avoid the word love. but i think he is a much better/nice/more amazing person than me.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Been in same class for 4 years with him now. He is going to same uni as me and doing same course ahhh
    You're both going to York, or Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    I think regardless of how much someone says they love their partner more than theirself, this is never going to be the case. Everyone puts themselves first, I think, even if it's only by a fraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You're both going to York, or Cambridge?
    Lol I missed that bit out. I don't like thinking about future prospects.
    He's going to York...and convincing me every single day to come. :confused:
    I don't know if going to same uni as him is a good thing - on the one hand it's someone who's always there for you no matter what, and on the other hand, it may stop me making new friends (even in school we are always together to the extent that people call us one name lol :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Is that a general question? If it is, then generally i'd say i love him more. But thats because i have my own issues. Yes i love him more. Most of the time..

have you ever read 'Nineteen Eighty-Four'?

you would say that now, but when it comes to it - everyone is selfish, human-kind is selfish, that is why love is so popular, it is selfish and provides you with as much good feeling as your partner,

when you give him presents, he gives you thanks and love and that is for your benefit - so you giving him gifts provides you with great mirth and love.

when you go to kiss him, he is also going to kiss you - thus you get the return and get something back for him,

if push came to shove - love never triumphs i'm afraid, selfishness always does, so yes - it may feel nice in a cosy restaurant with candlelight or on the sofa all cuddled up, but if you were placed in a life depending situation, selfishness always comes on top - anyone could be tortured, beaten, and psychologically trounced on - thus, love is selfish and self-satisfying and in essence, superficial.

ReputationRep:

you would say that now, but when it comes to it - everyone is selfish, human-kind is selfish, that is why love is so popular, it is selfish and provides you with as much good feeling as your partner,

when you give him presents, he gives you thanks and love and that is for your benefit - so you giving him gifts provides you with great mirth and love.

when you go to kiss him, he is also going to kiss you - thus you get the return and get something back for him,

if push came to shove - love never triumphs i'm afraid, selfishness always does, so yes - it may feel nice in a cosy restaurant with candlelight or on the sofa all cuddled up, but if you were placed in a life depending situation, selfishness always comes on top - anyone could be tortured, beaten, and psychologically trounced on - thus, love is selfish and self-satisfying and in essence, superficial.
    I agree. That's what I said. I'd rather not believe it though because what I have had is beautiful.

ReputationRep:

All reasonable, until the very last sentence. There is an illogical, unexplained relation made between self-satisfication and superficiality. Explain...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.