Do you have friends of other races/religions? Watch

olivepalm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
do you find any particular racial or religious group very isolated, i generally find white people like that, they don't want to mix with other races/ religions
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm freinds with people of literally all religions and creeds. Although I have noticed certain things about each the specific persons race or religion (yes i'm pedantic) I don't really want to make mass generalisations
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My friends come from a lot of different ethnic, religious and social backgrounds
Well people tend to stick together due to cultural similarities
Rachel-Peach
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I live in Belfast in a middle class area that is really not ethnically mixed! Like I think there's about 5 black people in my school of over 1000, a few more Asians and maybe a few other non British/Irish people! I know this is so bad but I have one friend who's black and don't know anyone my age who's not Christian or athirst. A few of my dads colleagues are Hindu or Muslim but that's it really!

Honestly it could be worse! Living in Northern Ireland there's a lot of people including teeenagers who genuinely don't know any Catholics or who don't know any Protestants.
Such is the reality of living in a country that not many want to move to!
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, I have a few friends with different religions and backgrounds. I might have just been lucky to have met such lovely, relaxed people.
knightandday
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im catholic, my two best friends were atheist and Muslim respectively.
diamondluck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When i was in school, all of my friends were white (except 2 chinese people). At college i made friends with more brown people and black people. Many were from different religions too like Hinduism and Sikhism. I think it's really cool to meet completely different people every now and then

In my college atm, the whites mix in pretty well. I think on the whole it's all okay, obviously in some areas there are segregations. For example, my previous school I'm quite sure a few people wouldn't want to be friends with an asian girl like me lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man.bear.pig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Of course. Indian but I'm very cliquish with who I'm seen with like I have a lot of Arab (secular Muslim and non) breddas and exes. I also ****s with certain Caribbeans like their immigrants from South Asia and mixed race/black white. I don't have many full white or full black mates or romances. We just don't appeal to each other.
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most of my friends are white, but I still have quite a few friends of different races. I don't really know anyone religious though.
izpenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most if my friends are white, and I know at least one is a Christian but I don't really know about the rest (I'm atheist). One of my friends is a Nepalese Hindu.
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes i do OP
The joys of living in London
Most of my friends are Muslim pakistani and Bengali
I have some indian friends that are atheists
I also have some white atheists and some white christians friends
And alot of black christian friends
And one Arab christian friend (very rare lol)
I am a black christian myself
darthentantius
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
kind of a weird question in honesty, considering the times we live in.
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes
Frappé
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes and yes. I dont have a lot of white friends though. Mainly black/asian.
Well i see some groups of asians who tend to stick together. I guess u would get along more with people if u spoke the same language and had the same upbringing values etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yashvi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I live in Canada, so being friends with people outside of your race/religion is inevitable. I am of South Asian/Hindu background but have had friends who are Caucasian, East Asian, Southeast Asian, and Middle Eastern. As for religions, I have had Christian friends (various denominations), Muslim friends, Buddhist friends, and Atheist/Agnostic friends.
Blackstarr
Report 3 years ago
My best friend years ago used to be a Muslim and I am a Christian.

And now....my closets friends are theists..
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes. typical blacks ,whites, browns, asians have different personalities and I cant stand being around just 1 race
temi.h.o.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have mainly christians friends, black and whites from many different countries.
I've got a few muslims friends and some atheists as friends.
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At uni, yup. I am friends with people from all over the world. I have a lot of Chinese friends who are Buddhist. My favourite thing about uni is meeting people with a different outlook on life from my own.

At home, nah. But that's just because I live in the whitest area ever.
Blackstarr
Report 3 years ago
With friendships, race does not really matter to me, as long as they are nice people although, it would be better to have friends who share the same beliefs as you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (279)
15.45%
The paper was reasonable (1005)
55.65%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.43%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.48%

Watched Threads