Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what measures you will be taking when you go to university in terms of contraception.
    I've been thinking long and hard about it and I'm considering getting the implant (that lasts for conveniently 3 years) that goes in your arm. I don't want any "accidents" to happen, however I don't plan on catching any STD's either. Not that I sleep around.

So girls (and guys maybe) what precautions will you be taking?

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking about the injection

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this is too much info, but I'm going on the Pill for non-contraceptive reasons (period pain), so now I don't have to worry about either period pain or pregnancy. The alliteration is killing me here... period pain, pill, pregnancy.. /is a loser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Maybe this is too much info, but I'm going on the Pill for non-contraceptive reasons (period pain), so now I don't have to worry about either period pain or pregnancy. The alliteration is killing me here... period pain, pill, pregnancy.. /is a loser
    Ditto. I've been on the pill for a year because of that. The only thing worse than stomach cramps is not having stomach cramps.

ReputationRep:
    Isent the impant a bit extreme?

ReputationRep:
    Condoms are free. But then I cant take the pill so my options are pretty limited.

ReputationRep:
    I've already been on the pill 2 years and plan on sticking with it. But that's assuming I stay with my current boyfriend - if we break up and I get involved with anybody else, it's condoms all the way too. I don't want an STD!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Condoms are free. But then I cant take the pill so my options are pretty limited.
    All contraceptives are free!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not using anything at the moment because I'm single and I have some (perhaps entirely unfounded; I don't know till I do Pharm next year) paranoia about taking hormones when I don't need to. If I do get a boyfriend, then I will go on the Pill, and use condoms.

ReputationRep:
    what about if you pull your member out prior to ejaculation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    what about if you pull your member out prior to ejaculation?
    You either don't have sex at all or you have a whole load of children already.

(Original post by Danithestudent)
    You either don't have sex at all or you have a whole load of children already.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    no, but you can have sex, and when you feel like your just about to ejaculate, you can pull it out?

ReputationRep:
    no, but you can have sex, and when you feel like your just about to ejaculate, you can pull it out?
    no becuase some juices (with sperm in) are released before ejaculation....just be safe and don't take risks

ReputationRep:
    Not unless you want to have a baby, because a) fluids released prior to ejaculation still contain some sperm and b) many men have terrible self-control at such times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm not using anything at the moment because I'm single and I have some (perhaps entirely unfounded; I don't know till I do Pharm next year) paranoia about taking hormones when I don't need to. If I do get a boyfriend, then I will go on the Pill, and use condoms.
    Ditto to the paranoia bit.

EDIT: in fact...ditto to the whole thing, except to doing Pharm at uni.

ReputationRep:
    what if it feels nicer without a condom?

ReputationRep:
    Then she could go on the pill/patch/etc... or you could get used to being called "daddy"

ReputationRep:
    Tough....the world doesn't revolve around u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Tough....the world doesn't revolve around u.
    Hehe, you tell him.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.