Turn on thread page Beta

The Definitive Contraception at University Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    *sighs*

Grow up, Dani.

Loser.

ReputationRep:
    I am on the injection and it's ever such a lot of fun. I don't get my period ever and you only need to go and get it every three months. I was on the pill but sadly remembering to take it every day was too difficult for me. Bear in mind that I know a few people who tried the injection and found it horrible (the record being 60 days of period). So there.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is odd. Why is my choice of contraception relevant to my going to Uni? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    can't swallow pills........hate injections......implant doesn't exactly sound fun......back to condoms! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    can't swallow pills........hate injections......implant doesn't exactly sound fun......back to condoms! lol
    The pill is tiny.. about five of them make up the size of a normal paracetamol, I think. So if you wanted to take the pill but the swallowing thing stopped you, you don't need to worry as they're teeny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    The pill is tiny.. about five of them make up the size of a normal paracetamol, I think. So if you wanted to take the pill but the swallowing thing stopped you, you don't need to worry as they're teeny.
    but i get soooo paranoid, i've tried taken tiny round tablets that even dissolve.....but it just gets stuck half way, and i end up throwing up, lol so useless! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why's everyone so against condoms? Me and my girlfriend have been using condoms for ages, and we think all the various brands, shapes and sizes are quite fun to explore!! Then again I would hardly call me and my girlfriend normal.

ReputationRep:
    but i get soooo paranoid, i've tried taken tiny round tablets that even dissolve.....but it just gets stuck half way, and i end up throwing up, lol so useless! :rolleyes:
    i'm useless at taking pills.. to the point where for a recent practical on ourselves it took me about 30mins at 5am to try & take 2 soluble aspirin..in the end i crushed them up & ate them with lemon curd..after my retching/eyes watering etc..

but, i've been on the pill for over a year now..& it's completely different (or my bran is at least) - absolutely tiny, sugar coated, crunchy & do not taste in the least unappealing..

so might be worth giving it a go?

i suppose i would be paranoid about all the health concerns etc. but as i originally went on it for health rather than contraceptive reasons it was the lesser of two evils! & i'm in the low risk categories for breast cancer, DVT etc. otherwise. haven't done the pharmacology of hormone pills yet..but have done reproductive anatomy & all the painful sounding problems of pregnancy and parturition..ouch!

ReputationRep:
    I kept forgetting my pills and the injection failed for me once not to mention made me put on 2 stone. So that's why I'm going with the implant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    i'm useless at taking pills.. to the point where for a recent practical on ourselves it took me about 30mins at 5am to try & take 2 soluble aspirin..in the end i crushed them up & ate them with lemon curd..after my retching/eyes watering etc..

but, i've been on the pill for over a year now..& it's completely different (or my bran is at least) - absolutely tiny, sugar coated, crunchy & do not taste in the least unappealing..

so might be worth giving it a go?

i suppose i would be paranoid about all the health concerns etc. but as i originally went on it for health rather than contraceptive reasons it was the lesser of two evils! & i'm in the low risk categories for breast cancer, DVT etc. otherwise. haven't done the pharmacology of hormone pills yet..but have done reproductive anatomy & all the painful sounding problems of pregnancy and parturition..ouch!
    eurgh....lol, but yeah i suppose i could give them a go! thanx

ReputationRep:
    eurgh....lol, but yeah i suppose i could give them a go! thanx

i cant swallow tablets...i throw up at even putting a paracetamol in my mouth so live on calpol...but can still swallow the pill. i asked for the smallest one availible and its so small i dont know when ive swallowwed it and when its still in my mouth.

on the thread topic. whilst at uni im on the pill and if i ever do have sex whilst im here i'll use a condom. although if i havnt had sex when ive been here 9 months i doubt anythings gonna happen in the last month!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i cant swallow tablets...i throw up at even putting a paracetamol in my mouth so live on calpol...but can still swallow the pill. i asked for the smallest one availible and its so small i dont know when ive swallowwed it and when its still in my mouth.

on the thread topic. whilst at uni im on the pill and if i ever do have sex whilst im here i'll use a condom. although if i havnt had sex when ive been here 9 months i doubt anythings gonna happen in the last month!

love Katy ***

awww wow, finally someone who drinks calpol too......lol i get laughed at, but thats the only medicine i take if theres something wrong with me. thanx

ReputationRep:
    awww wow, finally someone who drinks calpol too......lol i get laughed at, but thats the only medicine i take if theres something wrong with me. thanx
    Calpol...is....yummyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Calpol...is....yummyyyyyy
    lol indeed, but not gr8 being seen drinking calpol when ur like 50!!

ReputationRep:
    CALPOL ROCKS! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    CALPOL ROCKS! lol!
    You're right it does! Is anyone else finding it perturbing that us lot all love kid's paracetomol syrup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    You're right it does! Is anyone else finding it perturbing that us lot all love kid's paracetomol syrup?
    Ah "kid's paracetomol syrup"...I was wondering what on earth this calpol stuff was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    Ah "kid's paracetomol syrup"...I was wondering what on earth this calpol stuff was
    But it's not *just* paracetomol syrup, it is wonderful stuff And the infant's strawberry one is infinitely superior to the junior orange flavour one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    But it's not *just* paracetomol syrup, it is wonderful stuff And the infant's strawberry one is infinitely superior to the junior orange flavour one.
    I'll be sure to try it, if I'm ever ill at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilling)
    I'll be sure to try it, if I'm ever ill at uni
    What have you been taking till now? :eek:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.