why do womens tennis players have such a troubled relationship with the media

Watch
james kvitova
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
tennis star Caroline Wozniacki lost her patience with the media after her second round match wimbledon when asked about her opponent in her next match.Thursday in her post-match news conference at Wimbledon, the world No. 5 was short in an exchange with an Italian journalist about the Italian No. 31 seed whom she faces in the third round Saturday"Are we in Camila's press conference or are we in mine?" Wozniacki retorted. "I'm starting to not know exactly. You can ask her.""You're going to play her," the journalist replied."I really don't know what's going on inside of her head. I'm sorry. I know what's going on inside of my head. That's all I can answer."Journalist: "I was asking you.""Next question. Jesus. also last week at eastbourne lucie safaova got angry with the media and she was fined 1600 pounds after her second match at wimbledon for swearing at the media. in august 2012 azarenka also swore at the media. so i was wondering why do womens tennis players have such a troubled relationship with the media?
james kvitova
Rep:
?
this is what vika said to washington post in august 2012 Which one is brad parks ?: Me. You’re a ****** . Brian fontana. ****ing out of order. Absolutely ****ing out of order you two are . If you do it again, I am telling you you can **** off and go to another tournament because I will not come and stand for that ****ing crap and thats ****ing lies. what the fact you retired yesterday because you were tired from london, no the fact you’re ****ing saying that i ****ing faked my knee injury. I’ve f****** read it, I’ve ****ing read it, You f****** wrote i faked my knee injury you ****, it when on with 0ver 80 swear words
james kvitova
Rep:
?
czech lucie safarova hit out at reporters she was upset at the teasing and undermine she has received from the cincinnati enquirer since her french open defeat . she particularly irked about an Enquirer report that she was no longer a threat at wimbledon. here is a extract of what she said i don’t need this junk when i am in the airport when i haven’t even played a match . I think you owe me some respect i was at the final in Paris “Has it always been this way where we just tell everybody everything? So every player has to be demoralised before a tournament what we have. Which guys are here and which guys aren’t here that said this ,you have the nerve to question my preparation . i have to deal with this **** before the tournmament do i. Your job is not to sniff out every thing about me and put it out there for every other guy to hear. It’s not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I’ve been candid with you. I talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the going on with my game , I tell you how I’m feeling as candidly as I can and then this **** and junk ? You’ve got to watch this junk ? I’ve got to read that on a ****ing Tweet about me not in the right mindset for Wimbledon how does that motivate me reading that ? How the does that benefit me before a grand slam ? It doesn’t benefit me one bit. God * i try to go out there and win ****ing games and I got to come in here and then you guys blow it all over the ****ing place? Who we can play? Who we can’t? I’ll tell you what you want to know, I’m not going to lie to you. I didn’t tell you lies”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads