Biology,Chemistry and Psychology
at City and Islington sixth form?

Thanks!
temi.h.o.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went there 3 years ago so they might have changed, biology was edexcel salters (SNAB) and chemistry was OCR B salters and sorry I didn't do psychology so I don't know. Hope this helps.
Planet55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by temi.h.o.)
I went there 3 years ago so they might have changed, biology was edexcel salters (SNAB) and chemistry was OCR B salters and sorry I didn't do psychology so I don't know. Hope this helps.
Thanks How did you find edexcel for biology in terms of content and difficulty?
temi.h.o.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Planet55)
Thanks How did you find edexcel for biology in terms of content and difficulty?
the SNAB biology was kinda horrible especially the coursework in A2, it was quite a bit of content and kinda hard to answer questions properly to gain marks, I did enjoy learning the content but it's very much concept based, you need to understand and read for yourself rather than relying on a teacher or handouts (which prepares you for university). The advice that I can give you is that the text book is what you should be reading properly every week and do all of the worksheets, even though it may seem like a lot of effort it helps a lot
Planet55
Rep:
?
the SNAB biology was kinda horrible especially the coursework in A2, it was quite a bit of content and kinda hard to answer questions properly to gain marks, I did enjoy learning the content but it's very much concept based, you need to understand and read for yourself rather than relying on a teacher or handouts (which prepares you for university). The advice that I can give you is that the text book is what you should be reading properly every week and do all of the worksheets, even though it may seem like a lot of effort it helps a lot

Ah thanks, last question, how are the biology and chemistry teachers are they really good and can they explain things well?
temi.h.o.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah thanks, last question, how are the biology and chemistry teachers are they really good and can they explain things well?
It depends which teacher you have, but I would say of a team of 6 teachers for each subject, 5 out of 6 are really good and there are workshops with teachers at lunch to help you even more.
Planet55
Rep:
?
It depends which teacher you have, but I would say of a team of 6 teachers for each subject, 5 out of 6 are really good and there are workshops with teachers at lunch to help you even more.
Thank you!
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,
does anyone know what the exam boards are for

Thanks!
Late reply but might still be of use. Other poster was correct it's still Edexcel SNAB for Biology and OCR B for Chemistry. Psychology is AQA.
ann_kayy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello,
does anyone know what the exam boards are for

Thanks!
Are these the subjects you are doing? If so have you started the summer homework given for them?
Planet55
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yep, including maths. No I haven't started yet, I'm on holiday abroad so I can't do the bio and chem hw. How about you?
Planet55
Rep:
?
(Original post by yellowcopter)
Late reply but might still be of use. Other poster was correct it's still Edexcel SNAB for Biology and OCR B for Chemistry. Psychology is AQA.
Thanks Heard a lot of people say that Edexcel SNAB and OCR B are the worst exam boards, this makes me hesitant to go to CANDI
temi.h.o.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks Heard a lot of people say that Edexcel SNAB and OCR B are the worst exam boards, this makes me hesitant to go to CANDI
In all truth i absolutely hated them because they were quite complicated but they have massively prepared me for my degree so i'm glad i did them
ann_kayy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, including maths. No I haven't started yet, I'm on holiday abroad so I can't do the bio and chem hw. How about you?
sorry this is late i didn't see it till now, but nope i haven't started procrastination is getting the better of me
Planet55
Rep:
?
In all truth i absolutely hated them because they were quite complicated but they have massively prepared me for my degree so i'm glad i did them
Ah ok Thanks So should I just apply for CANDI and not let the exam boards put me off? Is CANDI's science department as a whole really good and organised?
temi.h.o.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah ok Thanks So should I just apply for CANDI and not let the exam boards put me off? Is CANDI's science department as a whole really good and organised?
CANDI's science department helps to prepared you for university IMO, don't let the science exam boards put you off, you just need to work hard and practice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise