youreanutter
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i want to know if there are any for a fourth choice i could consider where it is easy to get an A
Shel123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
General studies , health&asocial care, ethics/philosophy,media studies are all pretty easy a levels
Walkeer_1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shel123)
General studies , health&asocial care, psychology , media studies are all pretty easy a levels
You think psychology is an easy A-Level? Have you even taken psychology? You know it's up there in the top A-Levels with the lowest A*A percentage achievement on the statistics tables....

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Wavefunction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
RE is piss easy, apparently.
shannonmaria
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
media studies :3
arfah
Badges: 16
Report 5 years ago
Sociology
BWV1007
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths with S1 and S2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
_ariane29
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shel123)
General studies , health&asocial care, ethics/philosophy,media studies are all pretty easy a levels
Philosophy? Its meant to be one of the hardest a levels. :/
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Those saying Philosophy and ethics is easy are wrong, take it from people who study those subjects.

Why not speak to those studying A levels to see what it is like etc.

Unfortunately,no A level is easy, they are all hard in different ways and a subject I could find easy would be difficult for you unless you mean in general terms.
Chemi5try
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by arfah)
Sociology
The AS is doable, however the A2 is anything but easy, took up double the amount of time compared to Bio& Chem
Shel123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Chemi5try)
The AS is doable, however the A2 is anything but easy, took up double the amount of time compared to Bio& Chem
Same goes with psychology the AS is fairly straight forward memory of theories etc , memory of the content is doable however A2 is another story ..
Astrtricks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Class civ isn't too hard if your college offers it, although resistitant materials takes a lot of commitment it isn't too taxing, anecdotally people say that philosophy and ethics is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big Blue Machine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Philosphy and ethics is easy, I do it, it's a great way to get an A*!

Media Is a little too weak I'd say, even for a 4th.
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Walkeer_1)
You think psychology is an easy A-Level? Have you even taken psychology? You know it's up there in the top A-Levels with the lowest A*A percentage achievement on the statistics tables....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure Business Studies has like 3% A* rate... But it's one of the easiest by far
username1763791
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say something like Media, ICT, Travel and Tourism etc. either something with all coursework so no exams or something that only have 1/2 exams that are generally easy content wise
anonwinner
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BWV1007)
Maths with S1 and S2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless you're autistic, Maths will not be an 'easy A level' that you can just get an A in with no effort
DrAdrenaline
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
biology
tylerdaniel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by youreanutter)
i want to know if there are any for a fourth choice i could consider where it is easy to get an A
i mean, you've made the classic mistake here of assuming that there's an easy a-level out there :P

but seriously, IF (and only if) you are good at memorising things: psychology. this website called loopa has books with perfect essays in them - memorise the content and you'll get an easy A*. but like i said, that's only easy if you have a good memory, and the books don't tend to help out with homework etc

btec courses are probably your next best bet, a lower qualification but so long as you pick the right one you can ace it, and of course there's general studies or epq, although that's usually either compulsory or non-existent at schools or colleges.

if you're thinking of ucas points or CVs, don't forget there are other things you can do which ultimately equate to an a-level (dofe, music grades etc)

talk to year 12s and 13s if you're really stuck - they'll know both which a-levels are easiest AND which teachers are the best. hope it all works out for you
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tylerdaniel)
i mean, you've made the classic mistake here of assuming that there's an easy a-level out there :P

but seriously, IF (and only if) you are good at memorising things: psychology. this website called loopa has books with perfect essays in them - memorise the content and you'll get an easy A*. but like i said, that's only easy if you have a good memory, and the books don't tend to help out with homework etc

btec courses are probably your next best bet, a lower qualification but so long as you pick the right one you can ace it, and of course there's general studies or epq, although that's usually either compulsory or non-existent at schools or colleges.

if you're thinking of ucas points or CVs, don't forget there are other things you can do which ultimately equate to an a-level (dofe, music grades etc)

talk to year 12s and 13s if you're really stuck - they'll know both which a-levels are easiest AND which teachers are the best. hope it all works out for you
Same level qualification*
tylerdaniel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yt7777)
Same level qualification*
apologies!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Today on TSR

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (421)
56.66%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.34%

Watched Threads