tennis player Lucie Šafářová unleashes profanity on reporters at eastbourne Watch

james kvitova
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

28 year old czech tennis player Lucie Šafářová has unleashed a astounding amount of profanity on reporters at eastbourne. according to an article in the london evening standard lucie used 93 profane words this has without doubt the greatest sport rant ever. tsr rules will prevent me from quoting it or uploading any transcripts but the london evening standard has a article about it here. 28 year old czech tennis player Lucie Šafářová showed frustration after losing in round one yesterday in easrbourne the french open finalist unleashed a astounding amount of profanity on reporters in her post match press conference Upset by apparent negative reports since the french open and a question posed to her that she will not be a threat at wimbledon went on a fifteen -minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade .In front of a gaggle of local and international reporters, after camera crews had left the media room, "I don't know what the importance is for everyone to ask me a question like that lucie said. "i don't benefit at all from all that junk your throwing at me The Memphis Enquirer reported after her loss she was not a threat at wimbledon When asked that it not sit well with lucie . i have no idea if she will be fined or not. but i will say is this it is the best profanity-laced tirades we've ever had the pleasure of enjoying and it will immediately earn her a place in the pantheon of great sports rants. so i say In honor of lucie safarova , here's the best tennis player tirade ever www.london evening standard.co.uk/sport/tennis luucie vents anger at reporters with blue language
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One word:

Paragraphs.
TheSeal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not gonna read it like that
xLittleMissyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No she didnt
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
One word:
Paragraphs.
And capital letters at the beginning of sentences.
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
is OP a bot?
james kvitova
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thank god lucie lost today in round four, what a classless person she is, does she not even understand the role of reporters in the world of sport, why an earth can't a reporter tweet after she lost a match at eastbourne that he felt he did not think she would be a threat at wimbledon. he is entitled to his opinion its a free speech world, she is a **** player anyway , age 28 first grand slam final, 28 years old still does know the media role in tennis
james pendleton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What a stupid stupid thing to do over a tweet 93 swear words i would expect a lot from a experienced player she.
james pendleton
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
this is the full 6 minute 12 second transcript warning contains 93 swear words dont read if offended by bad language

billy rosecrans: do you agree that your not now classed as a threat at wimbledon after this performance today? and by the way i tweeted that moments after you lost that match.

lucie safarova can i ask you a question?.

br: sure lucie.

ls; I don't understand what the importance is for everybody in here to ask me a kind of question like that. what the dam hell is the matter with you. you think i benefit from the reporters from your stupid newspaper saying you don't think i have a chance at wimbledon. It does nothing but uspet me and hurt me when you say that how dare you, you don't have to be a fan of me but stop with all this sniping , you think by asserting things like that it helps me in build up to wimbledon funnily enough it doesn't help me if your saying you think i know i am not going to be a threat at wimbledon next week, and who gives you right to say that, why do you say things like that about me That's what I want to know.

br; Well, as a reporter lucie , I'm wondering, why is that a such a unfair question , why isn't it a fair question you haven't been past semi final there?

ls: what you tell me why you think that is a fair question to assert Where is the justification in that statement ?

br; As a reporter it is ? its's a fair question because you never got past sf there All the facts are there that it was your best run last year, I know I asked you if it was a fair question and it is , you said no. I don't get it.

ls; It's unfair and it is deliberately done to knock me off on a bad foot , you know that why you saying , look, I don't need you guys to be fans of me as a player , I just need to know if there's something behind why you doing it to me here, it stays here all right you think i need to here and read all that junk when i am in the ****ing airport when i haven't even played any matches. I think you owe me so ****ing respect i was at a final in Paris this month and you think you have the right to ask me questions like that and you ask me if i know i am going to wimbledon and i am going to be sent packing early. i have been reading that junk since i lost the french open what is all this based on. is this junk today based on my loss in Eastbourne, is the junk also based on my loss at french open final just tell. I just can't understand why would you say things like that a week before wimbledon . I don't get it. I don't get why it's got to be this way. Has it always been this way where we just tell ****ing everybody everything? So every ****ing tennis player has to be ****ing demoralised before a grand slam what we have now . Which one thinks i not in a good mindset for wimbledon hey are you listening to me , which guys are here and which guys aren't here who said from this media outlet. , you think you have the right to say i can not play well at wimbledon , and what you think you can do that and then question my build up and preparation . It's nobody's ****ing business.about all that It's certainly not your business. i have to deal with this ****ing bull **** and all this junk a week before wimbledon do i. I like to talk and I have spoken as candidly as I can with you people, if that's not good enough, I won't say a ****ing thing. I'll go, 'yes sir, no sir.' And I can do that. But **** me , I've been as candid as I can ****ing be about this junk and all this nonsense you are throwing at me today and this last 2 weeks , and i have had to deal with this ****ing **** since roland garros *, and i got to deal with it have i every ****ing day until next week that i will ****ing play bad at wimbledon you think i need to have this every ****ing day for 2 weeks that's fair is what you do is right is it ? **** me. It's a ****ing disgrace. I'm ****ing sick of this **** . It's ****ing hard enough to ****ing win matches and to have ****ing junk every ****ing day for a ****ing fortnight what the **** do you think your doing saying this type of junk It's ****ing bull**** . I don't like it. It's what I'm saying. To make it very clear, I don't like the way that all this **** this last 2 weeks since roland garros has been going, i dont like it at all. I don't like it. I don't think you guys need to know everything. And I certainly don't think you need to see something and f****** tweet it out there and make it a ****ing world event. How the **** do i benefit from knowing that you don't think don't have a fighting chance at wimbledon ? How do i benefit from that sort of stuff ? you people benefit from it. I just want to know i benefit from these ****ing people saying and writing this load of junk Can you answer that? How is that good for the my build up to wimbledon?

br; I don't know.

ls; Yeah, well it's making my job ****ing harder.

br; I'm sure it is.

ls; Well, thank you. I don't know if that's what we're supposed to do. Are we supposed to ****ing open up everything here for everybody to know all the ****ing time? That's all I want to know, what your expectations are, because **** me. If I've got ****ing to tell these guys, everything about my pre build up form you don't have ****ing any right to say this none what so ever , what ****ing benefit is that to me as a player ? And my team if you saying i know i not going to to win many ****ing games at wimbledon ?

br; it hasn't been a good week here at eastbourne for you lucie is what i am trying to say to you

ls;. I just want an answer on how i benefit from all that junk that has been thrown at me this last 2 weeks since the french open

br;it isn't fair I don't think you do and I don't know that that's my job.

ls; your job is not to sniff out every ****ing thing is about me and ****ing put it out there for every other ****ing guy to hear. It's not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I've been candid with you. I ****ing talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the **** is going on with my game, I tell you how I'm feeling as candidly as I can and then this **** and junk comes out ? You've got to watch this **** ? I've got to ****ing read that on a ****ing Tweet that i don't have a ****ing good mindset for wimbledon ? How the **** does that benefit me ? It doesn't benefit me one ****ing but God **** me i try to go out there and win ****ing games and I got to come in here and then you guys ****ing blow it all over the ****ing place how well i am playing, how well i am not playing ? I'll tell you what you want to know, I'm not going to ****ing lie to you. I didn't tell you ****ing ****.

br; You did not lie to me and I appreciate it.

ls; Ah, **** I'm just, I'm just ****ing p***** up a rope in this ****ing business Because everyone has to know everything all the ****ing time. That's not your ****ing obligation, it's not your obligation. You know why i ****ing lost today Billy you know i played **** today do you know the reason well cos i am tired still from roland garros ? The other week? Because my ****ing finger hurted and i couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that's something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to ****ing know it, and all of a sudden it's out there. my finger was sore my ****ing finger was sore . It doesn't motivate me all this before a grand slam one bit . It wasn't from you though , but it doesn't benefit me one bit to ****ing announce to the ****ing media that i am playing badly at ****ing eastbourne There's no benefit. So, I'm ****ing telling you , to be honest with you, I'm ****ing sick of this **** . I'm sick of listening to this ****ing **** , I'm sick of ****ing junk the ****ing second-guessing bull**** , you guys can do whatever the **** you want, but I'll tell you this — I'm not going to ****ing tell you everything about my ****ing warm up to Wimbledon , because you ****ing guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don't ****ing like it one ****ing bit. I bend over backwards to be ****ing honest and direct with you ****ing guys and you stick it right up my ****ing a*** — and my ****ing team's a*** . And I'm sick of it. What have you got? If you don't have anything, get out and I'll do this ****ing interview when your out of this room. You don't have anything fair reasonable, nice or constructive to say about me ? Just get out, please, just get the hell out of here
james mead
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
she was quoted as using 77 f words and 14 non f word swear words totalling 91, i counted 82 f words and 15 other swear words totalling 97
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed