The Sunday Morning Chat Thread

Watch this thread
Paladian
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What religion are you?
flibber
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
None.

Theists are a persecuted minority on here.
Paladian
Rep:
A special bulletin god just intervened and ........................ ?????
TheSeal
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
religions are dumb
Paladian
Rep:
....................................cleans up this mess !!!!!!!!!!
agentawesome
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Paladian)
What religion are you?
Humanist. Christian values, with updates for modern life, without the religious BS.

Paladian
Rep:
Humanist. Christian values, with updates for modern life, without the religious BS

Like Jean Paul Sartre?
agentawesome
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Humanist. Christian values, with updates for modern life, without the religious BS

Like Jean Paul Sartre?
Possibly. The wikipedia entry was a bit long.
Paladian
Rep:
(Original post by agentawesome)
Possibly. The wikipedia entry was a bit long.
I've got some jean paul stare books never read them but I'm pretty sure he's a humanist. I've read Nausea that's a good book up there with Kafke.
agentawesome
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've got some jean paul stare books never read them but I'm pretty sure he's a humanist. I've read Nausea that's a good book up there with Kafke.
As a child I was a Christian (Salvation Army). As an early teenager I was thoroughly Atheist. As a mature young person I am a humanist. I believe humanism is the key to peace and happiness.
Paladian
Rep:
As a child I was a Christian (Salvation Army). As an early teenager I was thoroughly Atheist. As a mature young person I am a humanist. I believe humanism is the key to peace and happiness.
I'll look up the definition of humanist but tell me , does it mean you don't believe in god or what?
agentawesome
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'll look up the definition of humanist but tell me , does it mean you don't believe in god or what?
A humanist is a "nice" atheist. The google definition of Humanism is;

"Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over established doctrine or faith (fideism)."
Paladian
Rep:
A humanist is a "nice" atheist. The google definition of Humanism is;

"Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over established doctrine or faith (fideism)."
Sounds cool. I'll have to check it out.
agentawesome
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sounds cool. I'll have to check it out.
Here is a list of famous humanists. I knew I didn't believe in God but I thought atheism had too much of a stigma attached. It is nice to know there are "nice" atheists.

http://corkhumanists.weebly.com/famous-humanists.html
Paladian
Rep:
Thanks Jean-Paul Sartre, French existentialist and Marxist philosopher, playwright, novelist, screenwriter, biographer, activist, and critic; author of Existentialism is a Humanism. He made the list I thought he was.
agentawesome
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks Jean-Paul Sartre, French existentialist and Marxist philosopher, playwright, novelist, screenwriter, biographer, activist, and critic; author of Existentialism is a Humanism. He made the list I thought he was.
Sorry, I didn't see your comment. I hope you have been enlightened.
Paladian
Rep:
Sorry, I didn't see your comment. I hope you have been enlightened.
I'm going to read the books I bought - Satre.
Paladian
Rep:
Sunday Morning - Who's going to church.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (69)
40.83%